View Poll Results: How many Tours have you had so far?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll

130 70.65%

46 25.00%

7 3.80%

3 1.63%
  • 5+

2 1.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    So, as the title says, how many Tours have you had so far?

I am presently on my 3rd Tour, after my intial purchase last Friday

The 1st one was literally falling apart. Specifically the molding piece that has the Verizon brand on it.

The 2nd one would for some reason not allow Data services. The phone and text worked fine, but no Browser, e-mail, messanger, etc. There weren't even any icons for them. The trackball was screwy too. After several hours on the phone and several more in BestBuy, the swapped it out again.

The 3rd one seems to be working o.k. I'm still presently setting it up though.

So 3rd times the charm? How many should I go through before I should decide to return it for good?

I really like the phone, if I could only get one that works/holds together.

I know the number can grow and not sure if the poll will let you vote multiple times. If a mod could allow this I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by phqnkmj; 07-25-09 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added info
    07-25-09 06:13 PM
    1 Tour...work perfect. Don't understand why people are having such bad luck with this phone. Way more solid and stable than my old Pearl 8130. I am a happy customer.
    07-25-09 06:15 PM
    On my first one and i LOVE it but Im about to go to VZW to get it swapped...the corner of it is popping out, people cant hear me, message icon wont go away, trackball sucks as does the battery door.

I'm thinking of waiting it out for a bit til they get newer ones in.

Is there a certain time period you have to go get a new one from them within??
    07-25-09 06:16 PM
    Well I think only you can answer your last question there -- to the OP.

Other than that, I don't care for the hassle of exchanging phones, etc. My Tour has a speakerphone buzz, but maybe with some audio tweaking it will improve, not sure, no big deal. Other than that, unless there is something very wrong, I would not bother with exchanging it out for a different one.

And you never know, I like the keyboard on this thing, so getting a different phone for the speakerphone excuse might screw me over with a not so great keyboard, or even something else -- albeit probably something minor anyway.

There are things that can happen to a phone for which we'll have to get a replacement either at the store under original warranty or through insurance. You may break your phone somehow at any time... so what's the big deal really?

Let's just be happy with our Tours. Overall RIM does make a very solid product.
    Last edited by pblakk; 07-25-09 at 06:22 PM.
    07-25-09 06:17 PM
    On my first one and i LOVE it but Im about to go to VZW to get it swapped...the corner of it is popping out, people cant hear me, message icon wont go away, trackball sucks as does the battery door.

I'm thinking of waiting it out for a bit til they get newer ones in.

Is there a certain time period you have to go get a new one from them within??
    I don't think so, considering I'm on my third one in a week.
    07-25-09 06:21 PM
    Well I think only you can answer your last question there -- to the OP.

Other than that, I don't care for the hassle of exchanging phones, etc. My Tour has a speakerphone buzz, but maybe with some audio tweaking it will improve, not sure, no big deal. Other than that, unless there is something very wrong, I would not bother with exchanging it out for a different one.

And you never know, I like the keyboard on this thing, so getting a different phone for the speakerphone excuse might screw me over with a not so great keyboard, or even something else -- albeit probably something minor anyway.

There are things that can happen to a phone for which we'll have to get a replacement either at the store under original warranty or through insurance. You may break your phone somehow at any time... so what's the big deal really?

Let's just be happy with our Tours. Overall RIM does make a very solid product.
    Don't get me wrong. Like I said I really like the phone, I'm a Crackberry addict so I'll put up with a lot. I just want it to work and not have pieces falling off.

Off the subject I like your avatar. I might have to watch Uncle Buck tonight.
    07-25-09 06:25 PM
    I went to a Verizon store today and spoke to a rep. about my Tours issues. Battery door, screen ripple, my size of the casing is protruding out, etc. She basically told me they weren't doing exchanges because every phone had this problem, and to get a silicone case. Also, she let me know that my screen ripple was caused because of a lack of memory in my phone, and I should get the quickpull app and use it often to fix the problem.
    07-25-09 06:28 PM
    Ill be swapping my 2nd one tomorrow. I understand RIM makes good phones from what I hear, but Ive never had or heard of so many hardware issues as there are with the tour compared to all the other phones in my past (nokia, samsung, LG, sanyo). The woman at tech support said everyone on her team cancelled their orders for the tour because of all the calls of broken tours. She said she gets at least one call every hour from someone with a messed up trackball that is unfixable.
    07-25-09 06:29 PM
    Second one.. My "O" key didnt work on the first one.
    07-25-09 06:37 PM
    I'm on my second, but I'll be on my third come August 10th. I am going to march in there, show them the loose door, the ripply screen, and the creaky housing and they'll give me a brand new one on the spot. I figure the 10th is good, 2 days before the 30 days is up.
    07-25-09 06:51 PM
    I am still on my first, i LOVED it sure it had a loose battery cover but i put some of that waterproof medical tape there and got it a bit more snug and then adapted for the rest of it, but sadly, i got some water under the trackball trying to put a phantom skin on it so im going to replace it via the insurance this week
    07-25-09 06:54 PM
    I bought mine yesterday from Best Buy, and better believe, I played with that sucker for an extended period of time before I finally left the store with it. My battery door is tight, screen ripple is barely a smidge of noticeable, and I got a great silicon skin, no trackball issues. This kind of makes up for me having to swap my 8330 Curve last May as soon as I had gotten it. Every phone has its quirks, the barely there ripple does not bother me. Overall I feel that this is a solid phone, and loving the keyboard.
    07-25-09 06:57 PM
    Im on my second one only because the first one I got the battery cover was really loose. But I played with 3 in the store till I walked out with the tightest battery door I could find. Other then the door I have had no problems with my phone what so ever.
    07-25-09 07:15 PM
    Currently on #2 and might be on #3 soon. No major problems but this one doesn't feel as solid as my first one. Bith have the battery cover problem but on this one the ntire casing feels a little loose. Nothing else though.
    There is an occasional lag when typing but only happened twice so far.
    We'll see what happens. If I get another and that one has issues I'll go back to the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 07:20 PM
    #1, and I'll just live with the MINOR issues it has.
    07-25-09 07:22 PM
    I am on the same Tour I got on day one. It's a Beast and I love it. God this device going to make me go out and buy a round for everyone tonight.

07-25-09 07:25 PM
    Don't get me wrong. Like I said I really like the phone, I'm a Crackberry addict so I'll put up with a lot. I just want it to work and not have pieces falling off.

Off the subject I like your avatar. I might have to watch Uncle Buck tonight.

Thanks, yeah it was just a totally random avatar idea when I thought about using a face as one -- after deciding against my own pic. goodluck with your phone!
    07-25-09 07:30 PM
    Quick question (for VZW customers)

I got my Tour today. Let's say I return this device 25 days from now for a new Tour. Do I get another 30 days to return that new Tour, or do I have only 5 days left for a return on the second Tour?
    07-25-09 07:31 PM
    Quick question (for VZW customers)

I got my Tour today. Let's say I return this device 25 days from now for a new Tour. Do I get another 30 days to return that new Tour, or do I have only 5 days left for a return on the second Tour?
    I'm pretty sure the 30 day grace period doesn't reset if you have to return one. I don't think that would make for good business. For them anyway.
    07-25-09 08:00 PM
    wow im surprised that some people had to get there their tours replaced... i've still got the original one i received and it works perfectly
    07-25-09 08:10 PM
    I'm on my 2nd one. My first wouldn't would not recognize my SD card. On my second one the trackball lacks a little bit and I dropped it today -_-. Not sure if I will get a new one though.
    07-25-09 08:21 PM
    I am on the same Tour I got on day one. It's a Beast and I love it. God this device going to make me go out and buy a round for everyone tonight.

I have 3, but not because they are bad...
    07-25-09 09:00 PM
    Got my 2nd one in the mail yesterday. First one i had the biggest problem is no signal. I would lose calls in places i have never lost them. It has never had more than 3 bars on signal strength. Maybe #2 will work if not Ill try a curve or go back to LG and an ENV2 or 3
    07-25-09 10:33 PM
    I went to a Verizon store today and spoke to a rep. about my Tours issues. Battery door, screen ripple, my size of the casing is protruding out, etc. She basically told me they weren't doing exchanges because every phone had this problem, and to get a silicone case. Also, she let me know that my screen ripple was caused because of a lack of memory in my phone, and I should get the quickpull app and use it often to fix the problem.

this made my bad day of working at verizon better. i love the dumb people whom work with me and I personally apologize on her behalf
    07-25-09 10:36 PM
    One, works perfect.
    07-25-09 10:49 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD