How many Tour users will buy the Storm 2?
    10-14-09 09:21 AM
    Not me, the touch screen novelty has worn off for me I love my Tour.
    10-14-09 09:34 AM
    I'm leary about it after all the problems I had with the first version.
    10-14-09 09:35 AM
    I'm interested to see how it will work with the new touchscreen technology, but it would take a miracle to get me to give up my physical keyboard (not to mention pay full retail).
    10-14-09 09:37 AM
    I was toying with the idea but i got my tour 2 months ago. with VZ if your within 1 month you can switch with no questions. i dont think i wanna spend 300+ in that short of a time, so i'll wait and see
    10-14-09 09:40 AM
    I will not be switching but will be buying one for my wife!
    10-14-09 09:48 AM
    I will be "that guy" that goes into the VZW store about 2 weeks after it comes out, and plays with it for 2 hours, to make sure that it is a lot better, then go home and think about ebay'ing my Tour and then buying a S2, if they allow me to do something with my upgrade. I bought an S1 on release day, so I am sure they want to play ball, I also have 39 lines under my company name, so that might help as well.
    10-14-09 09:48 AM
    I had a treo 650, loved it, was time to upgrade, talked into tour by son who loves his curve. I would have stayed with palm but read too many bad reviews, still getting used to BB, and liking it very much. Wish I could understand it all at once. Will stay with tour.
    10-14-09 10:02 AM
    Im just not feeling touchscreen phone anymore(personal choice)...Storm 2 will be a great anyway...
    10-14-09 10:11 AM
    I may get one. My wife is really not liking her 8330. She has used my Tour on occasion and really wishes that she got one instead. We're definitely going to play around with a Storm2 demo unit and then maybe get another Tour, or she gets a Storm2, or I get the Storm2 and she gets my Tour. I really hate paying full price though.
    10-14-09 10:21 AM
    I need to play with the phone before I decide.
    10-14-09 10:22 AM
    Not me, the touch screen novelty has worn off for me I love my Tour.
    Exactly. I am no touch screen guy. Love my Tour also.
    10-14-09 10:33 AM
    I agree with most the only thing I miss is the big screen but I know I will miss the full qwerty...
    10-14-09 10:38 AM
    nope. I love my Tour and will stick with it.
    10-14-09 10:46 AM
    I have faith that the Storm 2 will be great, but I would not buy one as I'm not interested in a touchscreen BB.
    10-14-09 10:48 AM
    Waiting to hear what the first batch of problems will be on the Storm 2, this will be entertaining.
    10-14-09 10:57 AM
    Nope. I'm keeping the Tour. My next Blackberry will be the Tour replacement. WiFi and trackpad. That should keep me content for awhile.
    10-14-09 11:00 AM
    My reasons for not wanting storm2??..
    1. I totally hate touch screens.
    2. I am on Sprint and will never switch.
    3. I just had my tour for few months and we are still getting to know each other..
    4. History has shown.. buy first.. suffer first
    5. I hate touch screens
    10-14-09 11:02 AM
    The WiFi is tempting
    10-14-09 11:06 AM
    Definitely not switching but I do plan to get one after it's out for a few months. I'f I'm lucky, I'll find one in the Market Place for around $300. or $350.00.

Got really usd to switching between the Storm1 for the weekends and the Curve for the work week. Haven't switched to the Storm since I got the Tour, but wouldn't mind having that option again.

Oh, wait I did once but it was because I was sending one of my 4 Tours I went through back and would have been with out a phone for a day as that particular Tour was unusable.
    10-14-09 11:45 AM
    Waiting to hear what the first batch of problems will be on the Storm 2, this will be entertaining.
    Every phone has its issues
    10-14-09 11:50 AM
    I will be "that guy" that goes into the VZW store about 2 weeks after it comes out, and plays with it for 2 hours, to make sure that it is a lot better, then go home and think about ebay'ing my Tour and then buying a S2, if they allow me to do something with my upgrade. I bought an S1 on release day, so I am sure they want to play ball, I also have 39 lines under my company name, so that might help as well.
    The only way Verizon will give you an upgrade is if someone's line on your account is eligible for an upgrade. Other than that, No shot, no way. I have 70+ lines under my company name and I will have to pay full retail to upgrade to a Tour unless I use someone else's line that is eligible to an upgrade but then that person's upgrade wouldn't be available to them for another year.

Trust me, I tried everything except for threatening to cancel service (I asked if I did what would happen and the VP of Verizon said "we would thank you for your business and wish you the best of luck with your new carrier.") and I was about as nice as I could possibly be and there is NO budging. It will NOT happen. You signed a legal binding contract. They will not let you upgrade until it is your time.

These will be your options. Add a line. Pay full the full $500+ price tag.
    10-14-09 12:19 PM
    Not me sir! And I even have an upgrade...
    10-14-09 12:45 PM
    Ill be keeping my Tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 01:13 PM
    The only way Verizon will give you an upgrade is if someone's line on your account is eligible for an upgrade. Other than that, No shot, no way. I have 70+ lines under my company name and I will have to pay full retail to upgrade to a Tour unless I use someone else's line that is eligible to an upgrade but then that person's upgrade wouldn't be available to them for another year.

Trust me, I tried everything except for threatening to cancel service (I asked if I did what would happen and the VP of Verizon said "we would thank you for your business and wish you the best of luck with your new carrier.") and I was about as nice as I could possibly be and there is NO budging. It will NOT happen. You signed a legal binding contract. They will not let you upgrade until it is your time.

These will be your options. Add a line. Pay full the full $500+ price tag.
    You sound "crazy" This dude may be a smoother talker than you, get someone else who is willing, etc.. I highly doubt you talked to the VP Don't discourage this guy from trying: his MMV, yours was bad. You obviously have no skills
    10-14-09 01:33 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD