View Poll Results: Are you Switching to the Niagara?

Voters
729. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes no questions asked I'm switching

289 39.64%
  • No I love my Storm

208 28.53%
  • I'll Switch if the Niagara has Wifi

76 10.43%
  • I can't decide

156 21.40%
    I'm gonna be using both devices on 2 separate lines. One BB for multimedia & apps (Storm) and one BB as a workhorse (Niagra). I still have a lot of hope and optimism for the 9530, so I'm keeping it for a while.
    03-06-09 01:13 AM
    I'm gonna be using both devices on 2 separate lines. One BB for multimedia & apps (Storm) and one BB as a workhorse (Niagra). I still have a lot of hope and optimism for the 9530, so I'm keeping it for a while.
    Yep, I only have voice service on one VZW phone and the others are data only (you can also do a Family Share plan but for me that would be more expensive since I have unlimited calling).
    03-06-09 01:21 AM
    I enjoy the touch screen on my storm and having to go back to trackball bothers me a bit. I will however wait it out on the Niagra and test drive it before making the harsh decision. The picture of it was beautiful but at this point I am undecided..
    03-06-09 07:12 AM
    PKcable... maybe you are just an iphone guy caught in a BB big-boy body. Bummer. I hate it for you.
    ROFL, no I am not an iphone guy, been firmly in the BB camp since the 7290. I have some love for my Storm too, despite it's flaws, which are mostly software and HAVE been getting better.

This new phone just sounds interesting to me, and I thought this poll and thread would generate some good debate and so far it has.

EDIT: I'm also very familiar with your signature quote. (6.5 years)
    03-06-09 08:07 AM
    It's dead even between options 1, 2 and 4!
    03-06-09 10:04 AM
    I've been fairly happy with the storm so far, I wasn't that seriously considering the 9630 until I picked up my friend's curve the other day and typed a message. The feeling of an physical and responsive keyboard never felt better after several months of using the storm, and despite all the coolness of the storm....makes me want to switch. The feeling of a keyboard was literally a sense of relief. I almost regret having to type a message on my storm, because my speed is always limited by software AND hardware. The hardware just isn't optimized enough with one "button" for typing.

I agree with someone who said earlier, the storm is more appropriate as a toy rather than being all that productive. For someone who doesn't type a whole lot, the storm may work just fine. But I feel like I just have to have the keyboard again, and I'm happy to see the best of both worlds with the 9630.
    03-06-09 11:20 AM
    I have many phones (Iphone, Treo 755, Sidekick LX and BB Storm) Yes I am a cell nut. I am currently on my third Storm and it is running ok. I just updated it last week with .109 and seem to be kind of please although I have a friend who can get me a Bold for 199 so I think I am making the switch to the Bold.

The storm was a great idea but just is not right yet. Yes I understand technology is not perfect it never will be but everyone needs to stop trying to copycat the Iphone it can not be copied. Every technology is unique in its own way and so is the storm they just have not mastered it yet.

The storm was my 1st blackberry and I am very much in love with BB phones not the storm! BB phones - the concept seems to be very great so I am going with the Bold because where I live i don't have 3G for verizon but I do have 3G for ATT and I also can get wifi so the Bold seems to be a better choice for me.
    03-06-09 11:28 AM
    I am switching, I use the storm for business and it is way to slow. I just updated to .109 and the phone still blows.
    03-06-09 12:05 PM
    I've been fairly happy with the storm so far, I wasn't that seriously considering the 9630 until I picked up my friend's curve the other day and typed a message. The feeling of an physical and responsive keyboard never felt better after several months of using the storm, and despite all the coolness of the storm....makes me want to switch. The feeling of a keyboard was literally a sense of relief. I almost regret having to type a message on my storm, because my speed is always limited by software AND hardware. The hardware just isn't optimized enough with one "button" for typing.
    I typed on a curve last night for the first time and feel the same way. Im 95% sure im switching.
    03-06-09 12:43 PM
    I could not be more disappointed in the Storm. Between the screen dust, the random reboots and resets, the slow unresponsive screen, lousy call quality etc. it is just sad. And now that the app center is pricing apps in a way that will discourage as much development as it encourages, the picture gets worse. I've tried every OS, I've exchanged phones, I've been patient but this phone is full of potential that has not, and may not ever be met. I already have my upgrade date on my calendar.
    03-06-09 04:04 PM
    I'm switching I can't stand typing on the storm.
    03-06-09 07:22 PM
    In my switching between my Curve and my Storm over the last few months, I find that I can stay on my Curve for a few weeks at a time; whereas, when I reactivate my Storm, it's only for a day or 2 then I miss my Curve. I agree with what most have said here. I like the Storm, but I like the Curve better. No question I will be switching to the Niagara when it hits. Then I will be a one device guy again.
    03-06-09 08:03 PM
    I''ll switch again for the next device that has WiFi, hard keyboard, and touchscreen.
    03-06-09 10:01 PM
    There is no doubt that I wiL be switching. I picked up my old 8830 backup, and I miss the normal keyboard so much! I can the without having to look at my keys like a hawk. The storm is an abomination to all that is blackberry! The niagra is the second coming and I will be there to welcome it with open arms...
    Last edited by ScubaCA; 03-06-09 at 10:28 PM.
    03-06-09 10:24 PM
    id switch if i wasnt locked in till jan 24 2011... o m g.
    03-06-09 10:30 PM
    I have 2 clients who have asked me to sell their Telus Storms on E-bay - both less than 2 months old.
    They have returned to their 8830(World)s
    For this reason Telus was giving me my free one & I went for another new world too.
    03-06-09 11:24 PM
    See i love my storm. it is my first BB but it runs great like 99% of the time with some of the Beta Os and i look forward to it getting better
    03-06-09 11:45 PM
    It's dead even between options 1, 2 and 4!
    There should be an option for keeping both since that is what I and several others here have said we are doing. I had to choose I don't know, when in fact I do know.
    03-07-09 12:01 AM
    id switch if i wasnt locked in till jan 24 2011... o m g.
    Two words for you: annual upgrade . . . not as cheap as the two year deal and you delay NE2 but it's a way to make it more affordable than full retail if you really want to switch.

From the date you'd need to wait at least another 6 months (from now, and we don't have a date anyway) before you could talk even the most kind hearted CSR into letting you do an annual update early
    03-07-09 12:06 AM
    I already have every blackberry made in the last..forever, why not one more, I wouldn't say switching though.
    03-07-09 12:24 AM
    Depends on price and all the. I've had my storm for a month or so and don't have many problems except the accelerameter. I still have my curve also but I will look into the niagra.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:58 PM
    How would one switch back and forth between phones on Verizon? And the Niagara is nice. I will probably get it seeing as I collect BlackBerry phones but I WONT drop my Storm. The thing is simply to fun.
    You can switch phones via My Verizon's ESN switcher. It's really easy to do.
    03-07-09 03:46 PM
    I will switch in a hearbeat. I hate the Storm's OS!!! The screesn is nice, but everything else about the Storm sucks!!!!
    03-07-09 05:14 PM
    well i just bought my storm. paid retail for it. i'm still within my 30 day return period. i have about 20 days left on that. but i think i will be keeping my storm and when it comes time for my NE2 to kick in in January, i will most likely be getting this and switching every now and then between the storm and niagara. i like the way it looks. but i'm loving my storm. typing can be difficult at times, but i made the same mistakes on my curve every now and then. so it's not a huge deal. i don't type out long emails anyway. but i'm most likely keeping my storm. unless something really comes up that makes me really want to return it.
    03-07-09 10:35 PM
    im still on the fence about it!
    03-07-09 11:45 PM
238 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD