View Poll Results: Are you Switching to the Niagara?

Voters
729. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes no questions asked I'm switching

289 39.64%
  • No I love my Storm

208 28.53%
  • I'll Switch if the Niagara has Wifi

76 10.43%
  • I can't decide

156 21.40%
    Folks,

My plan is to see and evaluate the 9630, before making the decision, BUT a main factor for me is the wifi issue. How are other Storm users leaning?
    03-05-09 12:00 PM
    i love my storm, but i think im going to make the switch. i thought about switching to att just to get the bold but now i dont need to.
    03-05-09 12:09 PM
    I love my storm.. Wouldnt switch at least not until I really see it’s potential
    03-05-09 12:31 PM
    I like my Storm, but I really am getting pissed with the clicking and typing and the ****** OS. I am going to see if the iPhone comes out for VZW, if I can unlock the Pre for Verizon, or if I can just get the Niagara. I have a bunch of options!
    03-05-09 12:36 PM
    I semi am switching...I had the Storm and returned to the Curve as a temporary holdover till the Niagara
    03-05-09 12:45 PM
    I like my Storm, but I really am getting pissed with the clicking and typing and the ****** OS. I am going to see if the iPhone comes out for VZW, if I can unlock the Pre for Verizon, or if I can just get the Niagara. I have a bunch of options!
    i hear a possible VZW iphone but around 2010 cause that is when the ATT exclusive deal is up. It very could be LTE also.
    03-05-09 12:46 PM
    I am definitely switching. I'm on my third Storm and it's just not getting any better. I can't stand this anymore.
    03-05-09 12:48 PM
    Gave up on my Storm over the weekend. Only good thing I saw in it was the screen. Productivity wise, everything took twice a long to accomplish. It is more of a "toy" which is why I went back to my "workhorse" Curve and couldn't be happier.

Like being re-united with an old friend!!!!!

Looking forward to more information on the Niagara!!!!!!
    03-05-09 12:57 PM
    I love my Storm, but I wouldn't mind having a second phone to switch to and from every now and then.

There are more options for me to choose from and I definitely don't want to pay full retail. So I'm sure if I wait until this November when I qualify for my 1 yr upgrade there will be other BB's out besides the Niagara.
    03-05-09 01:03 PM
    Keeping my Storm but switching my GF's Curve to the 9630.
    03-05-09 01:27 PM
    I'm staying put. I will however get my wife the 9630 when it is released. How much 199? I hope I can score it for 99 like the storm, actually 49 with my Trade Up rebate.
    03-05-09 01:32 PM
    I'm staying put. I will however get my wife the 9630 when it is released. How much 199? I hope I can score it for 99 like the storm, actually 49 with my Trade Up rebate.
    Completely off topic....but what is that in your Avatar???
    03-05-09 01:36 PM
    Completely off topic....but what is that in your Avatar???
    Looks like one of those ugly dolls.
    03-05-09 01:38 PM
    Little Big Planet Sackboy Great game for the PS3. It changes practically everyday with user content. The people who put out Contra remade the first four levels using the level creator. Mindless fun basically.
    03-05-09 01:48 PM
    I cant wait to get rid of the storm honestly. I thought I could deal with the bugs until new o.s but it's getting ridiculous..
    03-05-09 01:51 PM
    @ pckable, i'm glad to see you are for wi-fi. it gets flamed a lot on here, about not needing it because of "the network", but I've been in a pickle before where that was my only choice of communication due to "the network" being down. plus I like to have everything at my disposal for testing and support services. at this point I've never had a wi-fi blackberry, and some of my users have the bold, so it would be nice to have from a support stand point.
    03-05-09 01:56 PM
    No the Niagara will not have wifi. That's been said a million times stop asking. When u think about it its really stupid to ask for it. U don't need it. 3g is only a hair slower than wifi and its a million times more secure. Besides LTE will be comin out next year and it will be faster than wifi. Since that's the future of phone u will see fewer and fewer phones with wifi its not need and truthfully its a waste of money to install. The Niagara looks nice and I would dual wield but I would never get rid of my storm. The iphone is probably going to come to vzw when the contract is up but it will be ATLEAST another year if not 2 so be patient

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 02:05 PM
    After seeing how the storms release and all the issue with the device, i'm a little apprehensive about getting a new bb.

My curve is virtually hassle free.

What are the chances of this new phone having as many problems as the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 02:45 PM
    You Realize the Niagra will be running a brand new OS 4.7.1 or 5.0 so there is just as much potential for issues as Storm OS's. Yes they are established at the Trackball OS but if you look through the other forumns all the 4.6 and above devices are having OS issues.

personally I will be staying with the Storm abut might get the Niagra for the wife if she wants to try out the Blackberry.
    03-05-09 03:02 PM
    I am seriously considering switching, just too many issues still hanging around with the Storm, but that is my fault for buying the device pretty much on day 1. I love the concept of the Storm and the betas have definitely made it better, but the UI while perfect for a device with a keyboard is proving to be very subpar for a touchscreen.
    03-05-09 03:04 PM
    Too soon to read much in to it, BUT interesting voting so far, with I love my Storm and I can't decide running neck and neck.

EDIT: And as for wifi, it's a legitamate issue. Yes the VZW network is very good, but sometimes in our houses, and YES there are other spots where "the Network" just does not reach, or reach well. Also wifi would be good for streaming apps like Orb & Sling Player Mobile.
    03-05-09 03:05 PM
    I am not sure if I coun't. I left the storm shortly after the release but if I still had the storm still I would switch in a second!
    03-05-09 03:17 PM
    I'm an 8900 owner and just drooling over this new device.

Best of both worlds. Wifi shouldnt be an issue as long as it has 3g. My question is the battery life on this thing...
    03-05-09 03:17 PM
    Good question KEV. Battery life is a huge concern for me as well.
    03-05-09 03:18 PM
    Wifi is not yet taken out of this device. CX has publicly stated this his 9630 has wifi.
    03-05-09 03:21 PM
238 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD