Just out of curiosity ('cause a guy likes to know where he stands every now and then), how long does it take your Tour to boot up (load up, whatever you want to call it)...

It take me about 4:30 after a battery pull to arrive here:

How's everybody else comapre?
    08-01-09 05:32 PM
    There are already several threads discussing this issue...future OS updates will address the long start up time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 05:43 PM
    Mine took just about 4:45 to get from battery pull to home screen.

PS - that's a great Seinfeld-related desktop image! where'd you find it?
    08-01-09 05:43 PM
    BBs take long to start up then other phones. It's kind of like starting a computer =)
    08-01-09 05:52 PM
    Mine averages right around 4 minutes on a battery pull, but man does it certainly feel a heck of a lot longer!
    08-01-09 05:55 PM
    Mine took just about 4:45 to get from battery pull to home screen.

PS - that's a great Seinfeld-related desktop image! where'd you find it?
    Thanks for the compliment - it's an original... I took the photo myself and then tweaked it a little with Photoshop (removed some grafitti from the phone booth, took a pigeon out of the crosswalk, that kind of stuff).

I've created several versions, but I like it best in B/W with just the "Restaurant" sign in neon... It just kinda pops out and people say "hey, isn't that from Seinfeld?" Plus, the icons on the bottom with just a little bit of color stand out nicely.

@mconk - I figured that, I was just curious where others stood... I've heard ramblings of up to ten minutes (which is insane) to people doing it in under three.
    08-01-09 05:56 PM
    08-01-09 05:58 PM
    mine takes approx 3.5 min or less.
    08-01-09 05:59 PM
    about 6 minutes
    08-01-09 06:07 PM
    That's insane. I've been using Blackberrys for a few years, and I certianly don't expect it to start up as fast as a dumb phone, but that's just nuts.

Good to see that my (roughly) four and a half minutes stands right in the meaty part of the bell curve there.
    08-01-09 06:19 PM
    mine takes approx 3.5 min or less.
    Tell ur secrets! He is on iterhun's hybrid

08-01-09 06:28 PM
    A couple minutes for me too, but my dad had the 8830 World Edition, which the Tour replaced, and it took just as long, if not longer...
    08-01-09 06:30 PM
    Tell ur secrets! He is on iterhun's hybrid

yep ... mine used to take 6.5-7 minutes and it drove me crazy ... my storm reboots in like 2.5 minutes so going from that to almost 7 was rough ... the only good thing is that you rarely ever need to reboot the tour
    08-01-09 06:34 PM
    the only good thing is that you rarely ever need to reboot the tour
    Touche!
    08-01-09 06:45 PM
    Mine was about 8 minutes before I installed the hybrid... now I timed it at 2:58 from the time the red light goes off til I am at the home screen.
    08-01-09 06:45 PM
    Sry if I came off kinda harsh, didn't mean it that way! Using quickpul earlier it tok about 8 minutes to reboot...since I've owned this phone, its always been at least 5 or more min to start up...I am swapping out for a new one before my 30day window as I have some issues with this device that can't be fixed...but anyway, an OS update couldn't come soon enough...usually I wait until I hit the bed at night to use quickpull and reboot...that way it comes back up and its already on the charger and in silent mode so I can get some sleep...sweet background pic btw, I see you did some work in PS...nice work! You should post that in the "post your wallpapers" thread!

@mconk - I figured that, I was just curious where others stood... I've heard ramblings of up to ten minutes (which is insane) to people doing it in under three.
    08-01-09 06:51 PM
    BBs take long to start up then other phones. It's kind of like starting a computer =)
    My Mac only takes 1:30 seconds to boot. My BB takes 6-8 mins, which seems like forever.
    08-01-09 06:58 PM
    If itehun's hybrid is a llok of what is to come from OS 5 boot times, then it will be a lot better for everyone still on stock OS. Since I am not sure when the boot begins I Start timing from when the red light comes on after both batt pull and using quick pull. Currently running the hybrid v4, quick pull is timed at 3:15 and batt pull was 3:00 flat. I have a feeling that getting less than 2:30 will be hard to get faster unless the base OS size decreases.
    08-01-09 07:01 PM
    Sry if I came off kinda harsh, didn't mean it that way! Using quickpul earlier it tok about 8 minutes to reboot...since I've owned this phone, its always been at least 5 or more min to start up...I am swapping out for a new one before my 30day window as I have some issues with this device that can't be fixed...but anyway, an OS update couldn't come soon enough...usually I wait until I hit the bed at night to use quickpull and reboot...that way it comes back up and its already on the charger and in silent mode so I can get some sleep...sweet background pic btw, I see you did some work in PS...nice work! You should post that in the "post your wallpapers" thread!
    No worries, dude - not harsh at all! And thanks for the compliment about the wallpaper - I hadn't come across the "post your wallpaper" thread yet - I'll take a look, though!

@ mrsimmons - Kinda funny - I just fired up my Dell Mini at my desk and WinXP was up and ready to go in less than 40 seconds. Ironic!
    08-01-09 07:12 PM
    If itehun's hybrid is a llok of what is to come from OS 5 boot times, then it will be a lot better for everyone still on stock OS. Since I am not sure when the boot begins I Start timing from when the red light comes on after both batt pull and using quick pull. Currently running the hybrid v4, quick pull is timed at 3:15 and batt pull was 3:00 flat. I have a feeling that getting less than 2:30 will be hard to get faster unless the base OS size decreases.
    agreed can't wait for 5.0 leak for the Tour. for how quick the phone is once it boots i'm fine with 3-4 minutes.
    08-01-09 07:22 PM
    I'd say approx 5 minutes.
    Just as a word of advice, don't remove apps from the device, use the desktop manager to remove them and you'll only have to reboot once.
    08-01-09 08:10 PM
    Tour #1 was never under 10 minutes, usually right around 11. Tour #2 is about 4:30.

08-01-09 08:54 PM
    about 4 minutes. but ya thank god i rarely need to reboot.
    08-02-09 12:44 AM
    Quick question, but why does everyone use quickpull when they can just do the key reboot? I mean of course the alt right **** delete shortcut? Always works for me

08-02-09 12:52 AM
    My mac takes about a min, and my BB takes maybe 2. Maybe mine just like me more because I named them.
    08-02-09 01:00 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD