Hello all, I recently got my Tour about a week ago and I'm still having trouble getting used to it after having the 8530. The main problem I had with the 8530 is it's lack of professional look, but even as a new user I didn't think of it really as a low end bb as many have stated. Now that I'm now locked in my contract and can not swap out, I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision. Maybe if the screen res and camera was on the curve and a better look, I think that would be about perfect right about now.
    So my question with you guys is do you think this will pass and maybe I just haven't given myself enough time to get used to it? And if so, if you switched over did it take any time for you to get used to the Tour or (blank) from a previous BB? Any thoughts on this and what it may be are welcome. Thanks.
    07-07-10 04:00 PM
    I went from a 8830, to a storm (1), to a Tour. No issues changing phones.

What are you having trouble with?
    07-07-10 04:30 PM
    I went from the old Curve (8330) to the Tour and the transition was totally smooth. What are you having difficulties with?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 04:40 PM
    When I went from my Curve 8330 to the Tour the transition was smooth. What seems to be the problem?

07-07-10 05:32 PM
    I had an 8330 for personal use and a 8820 through my employer. I think the transition to the Tour was easier for me because the 8820 keys are similar to the Tour. If I was only using my 8330 alone, the transition would have been more difficult because how the curves keys are shaped and has more space in between, I could type quick as lightening on that berry with very few errors! Its a personal decision which model berry u choose, its all about what your needs are and how you plan to use it. My preference would be the Tour since I use it for work and travel a lot but if I only needed to check emails,text and play texas hold 'em then the 8530 would suit me fine!

07-07-10 08:59 PM
    It took me about a day. I came from an 8310 so I needed to get used to the OS and the typing.
    Like another member asked: where are you have difficulties with?
    07-08-10 12:53 AM
    I went from the 8330 to the Tour and I didnt have any issues. It just took me a few days to get used to the keys on the tour. The tour is a much better phone.
    07-08-10 12:59 AM
    I also came from an 8330. Took a little bit but the biggest changes for me were the keys and the trackball. The trackball felt flush with the rest of the phone to me.
    07-08-10 08:19 AM
    no problems at all, the keys are different (no spaces), and of course the TB, but for the most part, it should be seamless given a couple of days of using the new keyboard.

You might try finding a theme that is the same or simular to the one you were using so it doesn't feel so "alien" to you and you'll know where everything is.
    07-08-10 09:02 AM
    Well I believe the form, along with a few other things. Of course, I like the trackpad a lot better, but the ball is dealwithable (my word). Um...other than that, the curve ran super smoothly, while the lag was awful when I first got the tour. Since I updated to 5.0 it's gotten a lot better but still isn't as smooth. Also I noticed things like on the curve I was asked to sync my gmail contacts automatically in which it updated on its own...I fixed this sorta with downloading google sync, since all my contacts are linked to a certain gmail account. Also, why does bolt suck so bad now. It ran good and was preferred on my 8530, but with the "my" tour keeps freezing and everything else. Also on the curve, I was asked if I wanted to use bolt as the preferred browser and wasn't here. These are kinda minor problems I guess...other than besides smoother running, I can't exactly figure why the tour is taking so long to be personalized for me...
    07-08-10 02:36 PM
    Yeah I'm checking out familiar themes and trying to personalize a little bit more. I just really think it's a matter of getting used to...hopefully.
    07-08-10 02:42 PM
    which os are you using?
    07-08-10 04:28 PM
    .624 however, I just called in to sprint abt a problem with downloading the navigation app and the guy just said I need a replacement phone- no trouble shooting or anything. It's only ONE week old! O...k. Sure I keep having freezing problems and such...but idk. Are these known issues?

07-08-10 04:35 PM
    I too went from the 8830 to the 9630 (actually three of them). I didnt have any issues. The only real readjustment and getting comfortable i had to do was with the different keyboard. Overall, the 9630s are much much better than my 8830. I love them.
    07-08-10 06:16 PM
    I came from the Curve 8330 and it took me exactly one day. I was so eager for a change and upgrade I adjusted quickly.
    07-08-10 11:08 PM
    .624 however, I just called in to sprint abt a problem with downloading the navigation app and the guy just said I need a replacement phone- no trouble shooting or anything. It's only ONE week old! O...k. Sure I keep having freezing problems and such...but idk. Are these known issues?

well they are issues you can have on your phone, usually OS related. Weird that he did not even troubleshoot or send you to a Sprint tech store. Not normal policy with Sprint lol. But if you get a new phone stay away from .624. I would install .662 or .643( both leaked but very solid OS's). Or use Sprint's older OS .484 or the older non Sprint .419. These are mostly issue free for sure. If you need help just PM or ask here
    07-08-10 11:32 PM
    I had the Tour and made the switch to the Curve I like the Curve much better. It doesn't lag and the Curve's 5.0 OS is much smoother for me than the Tour
    I don't think the Curve's style is anything bad. I like the compact size. I think it is cute. I do have a nice black slip on case that makes it appear bigger. I use it at home though more naked than in the case. I have had BB for a long time. I like the Curve and when I am upgrading in march might do the Bold
    07-08-10 11:38 PM
    I went from my Curve 8330 to the Tour and no problems at all.
    07-09-10 01:41 AM
    Very smooth transition for me as well. But due to the size of my fingers. Lol i had a bit of a struggle spelling correctly. But now after about 8 months im good to go. Unless im in a hurry.
    07-09-10 09:24 AM
    Most of my problem typing was related to the thick acrylic case I installed when I got my Tour new. It messed me up a lot on the edge keys, making me miss frequently. Now I have a Platinum case, Best Buy's brand made by Seidio,( Innocase II), and the typing is so much easier.

The tech was probably right on, if your Tour was lagging that badly with 2 different OS's, it may very well be a hardware issue.

07-09-10 09:55 AM
    Hello all, I recently got my Tour about a week ago and I'm still having trouble getting used to it after having the 8530. The main problem I had with the 8530 is it's lack of professional look, but even as a new user I didn't think of it really as a low end bb as many have stated. Now that I'm now locked in my contract and can not swap out, I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision. Maybe if the screen res and camera was on the curve and a better look, I think that would be about perfect right about now.
    So my question with you guys is do you think this will pass and maybe I just haven't given myself enough time to get used to it? And if so, if you switched over did it take any time for you to get used to the Tour or (blank) from a previous BB? Any thoughts on this and what it may be are welcome. Thanks.
    Curve 8330 ---> Tour 9630
    -Trackball took some getting used to, as well as the keyboard's slightly-more subtle feel compared to the 8330's click-iness. Took about a full day (granted, I bought it with an Otterbox, so it was a bit more difficult).
    -the OS wasn't a problem since I had already switched my 8330's 4.5 to a hybrid OS
    -Loved the sleek, smoother look of the Tour and the latest OS (.732) upgrade did wonders for my batt. life.

07-11-10 10:50 AM
    Well now I'm about sure it's an os problem. FB doesn't even notify me anymore in anyway as well... It's crazy because my computer has crashed and I can't even try to do another update...
    07-11-10 02:47 PM
    Have you received your replacement already?

If you think its your os then do a search for .484 and try to load that at another computer. Its a more solid OS then .624.
    07-12-10 10:15 PM
    Haven't did replacement yet. My phone is brand new and their gonna send me refurbished...I want to make sure it isn't os related first, so I'll check that out. Also all I've seen mostly is users that came from the old curve posting, and only one from the 8530.
    Is there anyone that had the curve 8530 and Tour 9630? Interested in knowing. I know Jude likes the 8530 better...just curious as to whether there is anyone else....
    07-13-10 03:49 PM
    Haven't did replacement yet. My phone is brand new and their gonna send me refurbished...I want to make sure it isn't os related first, so I'll check that out. Also all I've seen mostly is users that came from the old curve posting, and only one from the 8530.
    Is there anyone that had the curve 8530 and Tour 9630? Interested in knowing. I know Jude likes the 8530 better...just curious as to whether there is anyone else....
    07-13-10 03:52 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD