When I had first got my phone I was surprised that I was able to get a signal at work when I was never able to with other phones. The phone would go into roaming to achieve this. Now after several updates to my phone and what not I still am not able to obtain a signal where before I had no problems getting one. A friend at work who is also with Sprint is able to obtain a signal with a old crappy flip phone! I've tried downgrading my phone, trying different versions of the OS and have not been able to get a signal again. Is this a problem with my phone or is it in relation to something else?
    09-03-10 09:41 AM
    Have you checked your roaming settings? You may be set to "home only" where it will ignore the presence of a roaming signal.
    09-03-10 10:26 AM
    Have you updated your PRL?
    09-03-10 10:40 AM
    Have you checked your roaming settings? You may be set to "home only" where it will ignore the presence of a roaming signal.
    It's always been on automatic. Thanks for the reply though.
    09-03-10 10:44 AM
    Have you updated your PRL?
    Yes. I actually went outside the building where I am able to get signal and updated it there. I do get signal outside the building, but I was at least able to get a weak/roaming signal which others do get while inside.
    09-03-10 10:57 AM
    There's not a whole lot you can do, short of installing a signal booster which it may or may not do...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 11:34 AM
    I have your same issue, when im outside signal is perfect full 5 bars. Inside im lucky if i get a signal at all, usually says o bars or the 1x is in red, im told by sprint its because my building has a metal roof and im in the center of the building that signal is an issue, then they tried to sell me an airwave. Hahaha phuckers. Anyway, same here, not really a way to fix it.
    09-03-10 12:40 PM
    When I had first got my phone I was surprised that I was able to get a signal at work when I was never able to with other phones. The phone would go into roaming to achieve this. Now after several updates to my phone and what not I still am not able to obtain a signal where before I had no problems getting one. A friend at work who is also with Sprint is able to obtain a signal with a old crappy flip phone! I've tried downgrading my phone, trying different versions of the OS and have not been able to get a signal again. Is this a problem with my phone or is it in relation to something else?
    Problem is that Tour has a crappy radio and because you have a Sprint Tour (as do I ) you are stuck with the 1900 mhz band - unless you are roaming on Verizon which uses 800 mhz band (better for in-building signal penetration). Your choices are: Airave at work, getting a different phone with a better radio or switching to Verizon.
    09-03-10 10:44 PM
    Honestly, Verizon is not all that great either! I have the Tour and am having the same issues. even at home i get dropped calls. My World Edition and the curve had WAY better reception than the Tour. I am disappointed and this is not a good thing since i use this phone for business.
    09-05-10 09:12 AM
    If your a business account holder with a few devices, you might be able to get Sprint to come in and install a repeater at no cost but you need more than 2 or 4 devices on you business account.

If it's a personal device, you might try to get a AirRave at home and bring it to work?
    09-05-10 09:42 AM
    Honestly, Verizon is not all that great either! I have the Tour and am having the same issues. even at home i get dropped calls. My World Edition and the curve had WAY better reception than the Tour. I am disappointed and this is not a good thing since i use this phone for business.
    Well, if the other devices worked fine and the Tour isn't as good, why blame Vzw and not the Tour for it? The signal stability/reception/radio on Tour is absolutely awful. I've heard rumors (and read on here) that Bold (9650) at least in some cases, has some of the same signal issues.

09-05-10 10:19 AM
    Well, if the other devices worked fine and the Tour isn't as good, why blame Vzw and not the Tour for it? The signal stability/reception/radio on Tour is absolutely awful. I've heard rumors (and read on here) that Bold (9650) at least in some cases, has some of the same signal issues.

I agree that the above seems to be the case. It's strange that RIM would stick with the failed formula with Bold 9650, given it is a business phone and all. I had more dropped calls on my Tour than I ever did with Treo 755p, and haven't dropped a call yet with prepaid T-mo iPhone. It's G-bye BB, hello Android in a few months.
    09-06-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD