I lost my AT&T bold so i bought an unlocked Verizon Tour from a 3rd party distributor. Phone looks great and all, though I have been having a lot of trouble getting the Tour to work with the AT&T data plan.

I can't keep EDGE to stay locked on, as it keeps down-signalling to edge, especially when I run WAP browser (MEdia Net), ESPN, and Pandora.

Another thing is that I am able to receive emails but cant send out any; it says "No Message Service Configured..." every time I try replying messages. (I am missing those separate email files, the ones that got an envelope with the small browser logo on it, maybe that's the reason? If so, how can I get them show up on the menu again?)

Finally, how to get the GPS to work? With Google Maps, poynt, etc.

To all you experts and those who got Tour to work on either AT&T or T-Mobile, please guide my way through, and I mean really help me out here, I have tried CrackUtil with service books, removing and then putting back in browser.daemon manually. Your help is much appreciated.
    08-27-09 11:28 AM
    From I was told, and found from "many" threads on this while in North America you will only get edge. As far as the data side, i have not attempted, so I have no info on that.
    08-27-09 11:50 AM
    I lost my AT&T bold so i bought an unlocked Verizon Tour from a 3rd party distributor. Phone looks great and all, though I have been having a lot of trouble getting the Tour to work with the AT&T data plan.

I can't keep EDGE to stay locked on, as it keeps down-signalling to edge, especially when I run WAP browser (MEdia Net), ESPN, and Pandora.

Another thing is that I am able to receive emails but cant send out any; it says "No Message Service Configured..." every time I try replying messages. (I am missing those separate email files, the ones that got an envelope with the small browser logo on it, maybe that's the reason? If so, how can I get them show up on the menu again?)

Finally, how to get the GPS to work? With Google Maps, poynt, etc.

To all you experts and those who got Tour to work on either AT&T or T-Mobile, please guide my way through, and I mean really help me out here, I have tried CrackUtil with service books, removing and then putting back in browser.daemon manually. Your help is much appreciated.
    It sounds like you are missing the att service books.
    08-27-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD