You can check your number here:

https://www.vzwshop.com/nevip/default.aspx

There are a lot of misconceptions about the VIP program floating around here. You can read the actual program details in the fine print on the page linked above. Here is my summary of them:

Enrollment is automatic and happens annually in February. If you do not meet the program requirements (atleast 1 year history with Verizon Wireless in good standing and a single line or primary line of a family shareplan with a calling plan of atleast $79.99 for the past 6 months) at the time of enrollment, you are not in the VIP program. This is also why VIP benefits expire each year at the end of February. I called to get clarification on this and this is how it was explained to me.

The $50 discount is for Annual Upgrades on the primary line only. It does not stack with NE2. You also get 25% off on accessories, free activation on new lines, waived upgrade/number change/restocking fees, and overage protection if you agree to change to a higher calling plan or feature to cover it.

Whether or not you can get an exception to any of the above is really up to your luck with Verizon Customer Service. I called a couple times to see if I can use the $50 VIP discount with my NE2 and was shot down every time. I ended up getting the Tour for $99 + CA tax using my $100 NE2 only.

thanks so much for that info!
    i have one last question about it being 99 bucks. i thought it was 269.99 in stores and then you had to do a 70 dollar mail in rebate, so if i go to the store and use my NE2 won't it be at the time 169.99 and then i just have to do the mail in rebate to make it 100, but it wont be 100 right then and there?
    07-15-09 03:39 PM
    I am actually quite mad. Our corporate guy is coming back with $169.99 after my $100 NE2 discount so he is not giving me the $70 rebate. The rebate comes up as an promo discount.

Is there a way to get them to give me the $70 rebate.

After all the problems I am reading about I am thinking of waiting 60 days or so before I order mine. I don't want to have battery, headphones, loose doors, keyboard backlight issues. I think most of these can be solved through a software upgrade....

With all this said and done I did manage to get hold of our VZW account number. So I can call directly and see what I am offered.

Question - is there anything else required (other than phone # and business account #) to order a phone ?
    07-15-09 03:53 PM
    thanks so much for that info!
    i have one last question about it being 99 bucks. i thought it was 269.99 in stores and then you had to do a 70 dollar mail in rebate, so if i go to the store and use my NE2 won't it be at the time 169.99 and then i just have to do the mail in rebate to make it 100, but it wont be 100 right then and there?
    Sorry, I should have clarified in my post that I ordered/preordered mine online so the $70 discount was instant. If you purchase in store the $70 discount is a mail in rebate so in that case, yes it would be $169.99 + tax at the time of purchase.
    07-15-09 03:57 PM
    Why do people think you are going into a pawn shop to bargain? Its a corporate cell phone company, if you want a deal go to an agent or wal-mart. Don't haggle prices at a store this isn't a car lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:18 PM
    Sorry, I should have clarified in my post that I ordered/preordered mine online so the $70 discount was instant. If you purchase in store the $70 discount is a mail in rebate so in that case, yes it would be $169.99 + tax at the time of purchase.
    okay cool that's what i thought--thanks!!
    07-15-09 07:19 PM
    i called up cs told them i was on my third storm and its crap and i was gonna leave vzw and i got the tour for free and got to keep my storm...beat that
    07-15-09 07:52 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD