Ok so exactly how does this work, I have a storm and would love to get my hands on the storm.
    10-02-09 02:37 PM
    This is a legitiimate story and I was NOT intending to rip off Verizion

I bought a Curve in April of this year.
    Everything was going great until August when every key stopped working.
    I took it to a Verizon store and they replaced it with a REFURBISHED phone.
    A couple of weeks later I noticed my phone not completely charging, after investigation, the charging port was not holding the charger in place to fully charge it.

I called Verizon customer service and complained about it, they sent out ANOTHER REFURBISHED phone.

This time the right side convience key was pushed into the case and the enter key was not working on the keyboard.

I immediately called customer service and complained about the issues with this REFURBISHED phone. They transferred me to tech support, and the tech told me to take it to a store to have the button popped out of the case.

I was puzzled, really????

Also, I noticed that the newly REFURBISHED phone also nuked my memory card as well, NICE!!!

I called customer service and told them to send me a NEW not refurbished phone otherwise I will take my business elsewhere. Their response...

"We would hate to lose you, but it is your decision." WOW, I thought.

I decided to shop for an iPhone, but I thought I was in the right.

So I decided that I would write to Verizon via their website contact us form and wrote in a summary...

explained the issues I was having and they need to replace my Curve with a NEW Tour otherwise I will file complaints with the BBB, FCC and cancel the contract based on Verizon not holding up their end of the contract.
    And told them they had 24 hours to respond.

I received a phone call within an hour and they sent out a new Tour with an apology.

Note: I liked the Curve, but I had bad experiences with it, but kept getting bum phones.
    10-02-09 03:31 PM
    Have you had problems with your Storm or are you just looking to get a tour "just because"?
    10-02-09 03:31 PM
    well I've had the storm for a while now, and the texting is almost unbearable. So, I don't know if that considered a problem but thats why I want to switch
    10-02-09 03:34 PM
    well I've had the storm for a while now, and the texting is almost unbearable. So, I don't know if that considered a problem but thats why I want to switch
    Is it just me or does honoring a contract mean anything to anyone anymore (this is not necessarily directed at you Joe as I don't know how you feel about keeping your word)?

You have to keep in mind that these carriers are businesses. I don't know about T-Mo services, but I wouldn't doubt that they have a 30 day return policy or something similar in place. Just because you no longer like the texting ability of the phone it's not a legitimate reason to force the provider to pay for YOUR phone or to give you a better newer phone in return for it. They sold it to you at a discounted price as it is.

If you want a new phone sell the one you have and go buy a new Tour. Or pay the ETF on your contract and sign a new contract and get the phone at the discounted price.

It comes down to being patient and doing your research. Too many people, however, want to be the "first" to have the newest device on the market, they're hardly practical. They should be have to hold up their end of the bargain regardless. It's a shame to see in reading some of these threads that people have no problem lying, cheating, stealing, damaging, or breaking their word just so they can have the newest phone on the market. Are these the kind of people you would want to do business with? If it was them on the other end of the contract don't you think they would be on this forum crying about the deceptive practices of their customer base? Do you think these kind of people help or damage our economy? Not to mention the damage they do to the products and services these companies offer in maligning them, all in order for these people to get their gadget.

Notice how these type of threads died down nearly a few months after the Tour's release? They'll be at it again once the Storm II comes out in the next couple of weeks and once again on the next phone after that. It never stops with these greedy types. They feel a sense of entitlement, that the majority of society do not share with them, while ignoring the fact that a contract is a legally binding AGREEMENT. Their word means nothing to themselves, but let someone break their word to them or attempt to lie and cheat them and they'll demand to be compensated with interest.
    Last edited by Tour Up From the Floor Up; 10-03-09 at 07:08 PM.
    10-03-09 07:01 PM
    I was able to get a free upgrade to a tour from the storm. I had gone through 3 replacement devices with the storm for the same issue, the screen was unresponsive and wouldn't follow the touch of my finger all over the screen. I asked nicely and told them that having had the same issue multiple times and that it seems to happen every few months, that I really didn't feel comfortable and felt like it would happen again if they gave me another storm replacement. After doing some research on my account and some other things, they said they would replace my storm with the tour.

Remember: be nice and courteous, but just mention that you don't want to go through the trouble of the same issue over and over again (if you've had multiple replacement devices). They'll listen if you're nice
    10-04-09 10:07 AM
    had a curve that I bricked once, the next one had a malfunct trackball, the third the keyboard stopped responding. All in three months
    I walked into a VZW shop with a curve and walked with a Tour and haven't had a problem since....

So apparently if your phone gets replaced 3 times within a short amount of time VZW will upgrade free....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by patient102; 10-04-09 at 12:04 PM.
    10-04-09 11:59 AM
    had a curve that I bricked once, the next one had a malfunct trackball, the third the keyboard stopped responding. All in three months
    I walked into a VZW shop with a curve and walked with a Tour and haven't had a problem since....

So apparently if your phone gets replaced 3 times within a short amount of time VZW will upgrade free....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's the policy yes. But you have to send the old phone back and may get a contract extension.
    10-08-09 11:50 PM
    my fiancee is a tech rep.....and the rule applys as follow.if you have 3 fru replacement in a 90 day period.they will upgrade you to the closest comparable phone that meets the old phone.that doesnt mean that you will always get what you want
    10-09-09 01:50 AM
    Well, since this has been brought up again I will bring up my story... again. I was on my 3rd storm and got my first on release day. I called one week before the Tour was released and happened to talk to a supervisor. I told him about all of my problems with the phone and asked if I could just trade for the Tour when it is released. He said "I'll take a look", he came back to the phone in about 30 seconds and said "that shouldn't be a problem, i'll note your account." Went in to VZW and traded out my POS storm for a brand new Tour and a contract extension. Called back the next day saying I did not agree to a contract extension and they moved my NE2 back. So all those people in the first few pages of this thread, I hope you feel dumb because I and tons of other people have done this. Good try though.
    10-09-09 03:22 AM
335 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD