like most of you, i'm having several issues with my Tour. i'm about to return it for a replacement and would like to know how i can completely erase the information on my phone. we all know simply deleting through the phone menus doesn't do much. is there a "cleaning/re-write" program available for this? or maybe a way to reformat the phone? TIA
    08-05-09 11:55 PM
    When you were in the Security>General Options, press the BB key, and you should see an option for "Wipe Handheld".

Keep in mind this will cause you to lose ALL info added to your device, so make sure you do a backup first.

OP: michaelwpg
    08-05-09 11:59 PM
    is this secure? does this method actually re-write over the contents?
    08-06-09 12:02 AM
    Yes. You can consider it a DOD wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:10 AM
    if u get down to DOD level then there is nothing a delete in this world (literally) .. but to answer your question yes it deletes everything that you added after getting the phone.
    08-06-09 12:11 AM
    excellent. thanks
    08-06-09 02:58 AM
    Press ##000000 Send. Your phone number will be at the top of the screen after the wipe.

Someone suggested replacing the number with 0's or 1's then saving.

08-06-09 03:06 AM
    Could someone post the step by step to reach the wipe out.

In case I have to ever return my phone . . . .

I can't find it going by what this thread says.

I went to options>security options>general settings> I don't see the wipe option?

thx
    08-06-09 07:54 AM
    When you get to the Security Options. Click on General Settings, click on your Blackberry button. You'll see an option that says Wipe handheld. Select that, then it will ask you if you want to wipe it then type in the words Blackberry.

Could someone post the step by step to reach the wipe out.

In case I have to ever return my phone . . . .

I can't find it going by what this thread says.

I went to options>security options>general settings> I don't see the wipe option?

thx
    08-06-09 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD