Sorry if this has been said somewhere else, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for and since my first BB will be a Tour, I figure I'd post here.

So the Tour is defiantly the next phone . I can't wait to join the world of BBs! Though I'm a little confused on the email part of things. The way my current non-smart phone gets email is by sending things to my verizon username or phone number @vtext.com or @vzwpix.com

So when I upgrade to the Tour, will Verizon or RIM issue me an email address to use on the device? I remember my Sidekick LX gave me an email account that was linked to the device. Something like @tmail.com. I have a Hotmail and Yahoo mail account that I can use but was wondering if Blackberry users get a fancy address like @blackberry.com or @verizon.com or similar . If so, I'd probably migrate over to the more professional BB email address.

Note: I believe I will be using BIS not BES since I work with a company that does not used Blackberries. If that helps.
    06-08-09 09:55 PM
    Sorry if this has been said somewhere else, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for and since my first BB will be a Tour, I figure I'd post here.

So the Tour is defiantly the next phone . I can't wait to join the world of BBs! Though I'm a little confused on the email part of things. The way my current non-smart phone gets email is by sending things to my verizon username or phone number @vtext.com or @vzwpix.com

So when I upgrade to the Tour, will Verizon or RIM issue me an email address to use on the device? I remember my Sidekick LX gave me an email account that was linked to the device. Something like @tmail.com. I have a Hotmail and Yahoo mail account that I can use but was wondering if Blackberry users get a fancy address like @blackberry.com or @verizon.com or similar . If so, I'd probably migrate over to the more professional BB email address.

Note: I believe I will be using BIS not BES since I work with a company that does not used Blackberries. If that helps.
    You can set up a blackberry email or just get your emails from yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol or whatever you use. You can add up to 10 email addresses.
    06-08-09 09:59 PM
    That's the great thing about these phones is that you can use all your current emails on your phone! I have four (two yahoo, aol, gmail) plus the blackberry one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 10:05 PM
    That is pretty handy. No wonder people love these phones ha.
    So what is the address of the Blackberry email? @blackberry.com?
    06-09-09 12:48 AM
    [email protected]

Its best to use your yahoo account or even create a new one, cause the blackberry one does not have a spam guard at all. so dont give it out to people you dont trust.
    06-09-09 01:01 AM
    On Verizon the address would be @vzw.blackberry.net. A bit lengthy I think, but it's still nice to have
    06-09-09 01:02 AM

It is convenient. I have my work email, my home suddenlink, gmail and yahoo. Plus you can set individual alerts for each one. While in my holster, I know which account I get an email from by the number of vibrations and/or audio alerts. Bb's are very customizable and many do not realize this. I have a coworker who had his curve for 3 months and did not know he could change which icons showed up on the home screen let alone the many alert setting etc.

06-09-09 01:14 AM
    I actually don't use my vzw.blackberry.net email at all. It's too long. I use a yahoo, and a gmail and a few others. However, it is handy having an extra one.

By the way, as a forum member you have access to an email address ending in crackberry.com - they'll redirect to whatever address you want. I think it's pretty snazzy giving out a CrackBerry email address.
    06-09-09 01:24 AM

you can have up to 10 emails on your device through bis including 1 provided by the provider..

you can use gmail,yahoo, whatever you like..
    06-09-09 04:47 AM
    Question, I have my school email on my phone but the company that I am working for requires phones to get email through some program called the Good Message system or something like that and it costs money. I would like to get my company email on it but my company is mainly set up for WinMo phones. Why they support palm and not BB I do not know, it boggles me. Does anyone know anything about this Good Message thing?
    06-09-09 10:44 AM
    You can even sync mail from an Exchange server if you are able to access it via Outlook Web Access. Only limitation is it cannot sync subfolders; just the main INBOX. The Blackberry handles email well enough that it's my preferred device for checking my mail.
    06-12-09 08:04 PM
    You can even sync mail from an Exchange server if you are able to access it via Outlook Web Access. Only limitation is it cannot sync subfolders; just the main INBOX. The Blackberry handles email well enough that it's my preferred device for checking my mail.
    Well enough? That's what makes the BB a BB. The email capabilities is what gave BB its notarity.

06-12-09 08:44 PM
    Well enough? That's what makes the BB a BB. The email capabilities is what gave BB its notarity.

I read it the same way but I don't think he is comparing it to other phones.. I believe he was comparing it as OVER ALL DEVICE.. IE vs a computer...
    06-13-09 12:15 AM
    I read it the same way but I don't think he is comparing it to other phones.. I believe he was comparing it as OVER ALL DEVICE.. IE vs a computer...
    I agree. In fact, my wife now has a bb also and we hardly ever open mail on our pc unless it is just huge files. When we do finally open outlook, it takes a little while to dl all the mail we got.

06-13-09 01:41 AM
    I just picked up my Tour this morning (my first BB!), and the rep added my gmail address for me. Do I need to set up an account on the BIS, or is that done? Sorry, just a little confused! Thanks!
    07-12-09 10:21 AM
    go to blackberry.com/go/vzw from your desktop pc to setup your emails on your phone.
    07-12-09 10:33 AM
    Kelly it was done already, but it would definitely be wise to know your username, and password for when you log into your BIS carrier page for service books etc (even though you can do it through the phone.). Did the rep give you this info?

07-12-09 10:33 AM
    Hmmm, I tried to set it up and it gave me this error:

Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.

???
    07-12-09 10:44 AM
    log into the device email setup program (it will be the mobile version of that website), set yourself a pw there, and then you should be able to log in on your desktop to configure things further.

I know other people who had the tech in the store set this up from them on their phone, and this is what they had to do to get access to the BIS site.
    07-12-09 10:47 AM
    Apparently it wasn't set up. Went to BIS from my device and set up a username and password. Of course I haven't received any emails since the initial ones at 8 AM. Still fiddling with it!
    07-12-09 11:36 AM
    need some help here and didnt want to make a new thread

my verizon rep set up my e-mails this morning, but i dont seem to be getting any emails now? whats going on?
    07-12-09 11:53 AM
    I am in the same boat...I set up my gmail account, but have not received a singe email. It has been about an hour or so...
    07-12-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD