Hi there,
    I always here people saying how they're constantly receiving/replying to emails on their phones. I have a Mac, so I ask: how exactly do you manage it? When I first got my BB, I linked up my primary email to my BB. When I did this, I would receive emails to things I've subscribed to (which were HTML formatted), so they'd turn out horribly. Additionally, when I got to my actual computer, my mail client would have all those emails downloaded, too, and I had to go thru the inbox marking them as read. I know that's not a big task, but when you also have Facebook notifications turned on because you use the app, it becomes a mess.

Now, I have two email addresses: my "desktop" email and my "mobile" email. It's the only working solution I've been able to find.

Basically, I guess I'm asking what is YOUR email setup? Maybe this will help me (and others) further organize my life.
    08-14-09 12:19 PM
    I just have my personal gmail account setup on my Tour (using IMAP). When I read a message on my phone, its marked as read on the server as well.

I'm not a fan of html formatted emails anyway, so I guess I don't have an issue because I rarely subscribe to anything that sends those. Also, I have my Facebook application on my phone set to delete the notifications from my mailbox, so I don't have to sort through them in my mail folder as well.
    08-14-09 12:26 PM
    Do you have the HTML images turned on in your email settings on the phone? Also, if you read the email on the phone, it doesnt mark as read on the desktop inbox?

I believe you can turn off the emails for facebook, and still get the notifications. I could be wrong, since I am not currently using the application anymore/
    08-14-09 12:27 PM
    Do you have the HTML images turned on in your email settings on the phone? Also, if you read the email on the phone, it doesnt mark as read on the desktop inbox?

I believe you can turn off the emails for facebook, and still get the notifications. I could be wrong, since I am not currently using the application anymore/
    I think the application says it requires the e-mails, as that's how it gets its notifications. That's why the e-mails never show up in your inbox; the Facebook app takes care of that for you. But, OP, within the Facebook App there's a setting where you can mark all messages as read on the server-side e-mail. It's in options, don't have my phone right now but it's there, I promise.

As far as the e-mail receiving and replying, the e-mails I send and receive are generally not HTML-formatted. I'll get e-mails from work, school, friends, family, and they're all text-based. People just sending information, or projects, and I can respond in a text-based way as well. Think about it: do you send out e-mail that you've coded in HTML, or do you just type on a keyboard like we are here and send it?
    08-14-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD