I want to set-up a personal hotmail account in push on my phone, but I want to hide it on my phone. I don't want people from work to pick up my phone and see it. Can I do this? Can I keep it from hitting my main box that all my e-mails seem to go in? This way no one see"s I have a new mail and checks it?
    09-14-09 11:26 AM
    Just put it on your desktop...highlight it...hit the BB button then check HIDE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 11:58 AM
    Put a password on your phone and keep those yo's out.
    09-14-09 12:23 PM
    Why would a co-worker pick up your phone and check YOUR emails? I would cut his little fingers off =)

09-14-09 01:31 PM
    Just put it on your desktop...highlight it...hit the BB button then check HIDE.
    Isn't that just hiding the specific e-mail folder? Won't the actual e-mail message still appear in the MESSAGES folder?
    09-14-09 01:33 PM
    I think the real issue as stated above is your co-workers... why are they reading your emails, or even touching your bb? I would dropkick anyone I work with that touched my bb... Are you trying to hide from like a gf??
    09-14-09 01:34 PM
    Are you trying to hide from like a gf??
    my first thought.
    09-14-09 01:44 PM
    my first thought.
    Probably cuz we both have been there before
    09-14-09 01:46 PM
    That is very true...why are they trying to look through your phone??
    Yeah, I don't get why someone other than you, would be picking up your phone at work. What age group do you work with?
    Yeah, I don't get why someone other than you, would be picking up your phone at work. What age group do you work with?
    10-13 LOL
    09-14-09 01:47 PM
    i have my SAVED folder hidden. That way any emails i want to keep (and have hidden so i don't accidentally delete) i marked saved, then delete out of my inbox.

You could create a folder, hide that folder and then move the emails you want hidden into that.

Just an option. Of course your device will still show you have new mail, and you'll have to manually save or move it first.

Device password is a better option sometimes.

09-14-09 01:51 PM
    Not only am I curious as to why a co-worker would be checking your phone but why would you want to add hotmail to your BB but then hide it so no one sees you have an email.
    09-14-09 02:17 PM
    I want to set-up a personal hotmail account in push on my phone, but I want to hide it on my phone. I don't want people from work to pick up my phone and see it. Can I do this? Can I keep it from hitting my main box that all my e-mails seem to go in? This way no one see"s I have a new mail and checks it?
    Get a baseball bat and store it next to your desk. Swat anyone touching your phone over the head with that. They'll learn not to touch your things very quickly.

Hide your general "Messages" folder and hide also the Hotmail folder. Unhide the work email folder. Set SMS/MMS to use their own folder.

Password protect and lock your phone to keep it safe from prying eyes and keep it in your pocket or holster so they cannot just pick it up off the desk and mess around.

09-14-09 02:22 PM
    Or is it a work phone and the company has access to it. If so I don't think hide would be successful

09-14-09 03:00 PM
    Isn't that just hiding the specific e-mail folder? Won't the actual e-mail message still appear in the MESSAGES folder?
    Well I have that useless folder hidden as well

09-14-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD