Got the tour a few days ago and still can not figure this out. It gets annoying having to go to the sms and mms every time you get a text.

is there a way to get them to automatically appear once you recieve them?
    07-20-09 03:38 PM
    Not without a 3rd party app like peek-a-who or one of the similar programs. If you are using the holster you can set it to open to the message as soon as you pull it out of your holster in the messaging options.
    07-20-09 03:57 PM
    You could always set the left convenience key to open your messages.
    07-20-09 04:02 PM
    Not without a 3rd party app like peek-a-who or one of the similar programs. If you are using the holster you can set it to open to the message as soon as you pull it out of your holster in the messaging options.
    is there an app available thats free?

i love the phone, but this is a huge knock on it....
    07-20-09 04:10 PM
    i have left convience key set to sms and mms also. ha then i hid the sms and mms icon. so only i know how to read my texts.
    07-20-09 04:53 PM
    New to BB and Tour myself, and this is my #1 question too. I'd love a new text to simply display on screen when it arrives. I like the idea of setting the left button to call up the messaging screen, which gets me about half way.

Hoping for some more 3rd party or settings recommendations that also may address this.
    07-20-09 05:05 PM
    do other smartphones do this?

i've always thought it was normal, and personally i'd rather it not open it as soon as it arrives in case someone else is looking at the phone, or i'm looking at something online, replying to something etc.
    07-20-09 06:46 PM
    i have left convience key set to sms and mms also. ha then i hid the sms and mms icon. so only i know how to read my texts.
    Genius... out of curiosity since I haven't received my tour yet, is it easy to unhide icons?
    07-20-09 06:57 PM
    I don't know of any other smartphones that do this, it is kind of a security and privacy feature for what is generally a businees class phone.

OTH, my old LG EnV did this, but that was about all it had going for it...
    07-20-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD