i have an 8900 curve also and a tour on the way..

when i go to sleep, i need to set up a profile to only ring when it's a specific number, is this what 'important calls' is ?

if for example, *8005551212* calls me, then ring.. or obviously pick it out of the phone book.. if it's anyone else, remain vibrate or silent.

thanks
    07-14-09 01:28 AM
    Yep, Except for Important calls.
    07-14-09 01:29 AM
    As useful as this feature could be to me, I dont believe its possible without creating a new profile and silencing all other numbers except the one you want to ring. If you have a lot of contacts.. that could take a while.
    07-14-09 01:30 AM
    create a new profile
    07-14-09 01:34 AM
    i dont get it, do i need to mark anyone as an important person.. or what?

just create a new profile? heh, vague but thanks anyway
    07-14-09 02:00 AM
    so what i did was create a new, vibrate profile, called it Sleep. i then added an exception and then added the name from the phone book (i never knew i could do this.)

so under Sleep, i made a new exception called test and put my home phone, i first tried Use Profile: Sleep.. i called and was still vibrating, i then tried Use Profile: Normal and called from home, rang! called from another number, vibrated.

awesome, wish this would work with text too.

*info*
    ahhh, the exception is either ON or OFF on every single profile so the need to create a new profile is useless, the better thing to do is just check the important calls or the name which whatever you name it, then uncheck it later because i wouldn't want these people calling if i purposely put it on vibrate during the day.. i do it for a reason.. so its' best turning on/off the important calls.
    Last edited by geonap; 07-14-09 at 09:45 AM. Reason: realized something
    07-14-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD