Edit: OK maybe thats not a good title: How bout "How do we know the 9630 is coming to verizon?" Anyway on with my topic

There seems to be alot of people (especially storm users) on this forum that automatically think that the 9630 is coming out for verizon. NOT SO FAST GUYS! What makes u so sure. Do u guys remember that OTHER cdma company by the name of sprint. It seems to me more likely that it would come out for them instead of verizon. Remember the lastest bb for Sprint (and I mean sprint not nextel) is the old curve . Every other carrier has got a new bb recently except sprint, Nov Att=bold, Nov Verizon=storm, Feb. t-mobile=8900, Seems like the next in line is Sprint to me. In fact if it does come out for verizon I dont see it happening this year because all they put in the storm, plus it is unlike verizon to release more than one super phone (if u can call the storm that) in such a short time. Besides there is no official or really unofficial info out there that says its coming to Verizon, so my verizon peeps lets not jump the gun and get our panties moist just yet, dont be dissapointed when the niagara shows up on that OTHER network and not the VZ
    Last edited by holladay42; 04-02-09 at 05:57 PM.
    04-01-09 09:12 PM
    04-01-09 09:17 PM
    Just because Sprint hasn't had a new BB doesn't automatically mean they will get it first either. Remember Sprint has the Pre coming out and I'm sure you can call that a super phone if you can call the Storm one. Hasn't history shown that Verizon tends to get the phones first?

BTW I don't mean my post to be fighting words.
    04-01-09 09:18 PM
    There seems to be alot of people (especially storm users) on this forum that automatically think that the 9630 is coming out for verizon. NOT SO FAST GUYS! What makes u so sure. Do u guys remember that OTHER cdma company by the name of sprint. It seems to me more likely that it would come out for them instead of verizon. Remember the lastest bb for Sprint (and I mean sprint not nextel) is the old curve . Every other carrier has got a new bb recently except sprint, Nov Att=bold, Nov Verizon=storm, Feb. t-mobile=8900, Seems like the next in line is Sprint to me. In fact if it does come out for verizon I dont see it happening this year because all they put in the storm, plus it is unlike verizon to release more than one super phone (if u can call the storm that) in such a short time. Besides there is no official or really unofficial info out there that says its coming to Verizon, so my verizon peeps lets not jump the gun and get our panties moist just yet, dont be dissapointed when the niagra shows up on that OTHER network and not the VZ

04-01-09 09:30 PM
    Granted its true i havent heard any speculation on verizon actually getting the 9630 but i would figure eventually they will being its a CDMA device. Verizon should also be getting the 8220 pearl so it could be possible that they might not get the 9630 until early next year. I know us sprint users will be graced with it mid Q3 of this year. Hopefully verizon users wont have to wait long to receive it on their network.
    04-01-09 09:31 PM
    Just because Sprint hasn't had a new BB doesn't automatically mean they will get it first either. Remember Sprint has the Pre coming out and I'm sure you can call that a super phone if you can call the Storm one. Hasn't history shown that Verizon tends to get the phones first?

BTW I don't mean my post to be fighting words.
    I understand what ur saying. Im not saying sprint is automatically getting the 9630, im just raising doubt to everyone who thinks and expects it to come for verizon and trying to lower expectations so that when/if its annouced to come out for Sprint, VZW-boys wont commit suicide!!.

AS for the Pre I dont think that matters much that there getting the Pre soon, that is not a BB so I dont think it has much to do with it. Remember for att the bold came out just three months after the iphone 3g was released ( and it was suppose to come out much earlier). They have already gone in full scale with marketing of the pre but we havent heard a thing bout the 9630 leading me to beilieve it will come out a much later then the pre.
    Last edited by holladay42; 04-01-09 at 09:36 PM. Reason: ss
    04-01-09 09:32 PM
    Okay, I understand raising doubt in those people.

That's true but Sprint seems to not care much about BBs since they are so focus with Palm. I also think the Niagara will come out much later but that's also why it makes me believe Verizon will get it a little earlier.
    04-01-09 09:45 PM
    Your entire post is absurd. It'll come to vzw in mid to late summer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 09:47 PM
    You sound like a 12-year old bitter Sprint customer.
    04-01-09 10:00 PM
    I guess if you haven't been around long enough to read what CX says about it, you would wonder if it was really coming to Verizon. But CX has said himself, everyone he has talked to at Verizon want's this to be the best.
    04-01-09 10:00 PM
    I guess if you haven't been around long enough to read what CX says about it, you would wonder if it was really coming to Verizon. But CX has said himself, everyone he has talked to at Verizon want's this to be the best.
    Both CX and and BGR has said that Verizon is getting this first, coupled with Kevin Byrne, who has been pretty much spot on with every Verizon phone he has discussed, has said VZW is getting this phone in July/August.
    04-01-09 10:02 PM
    It's a definite July/August VZW release........
    04-01-09 10:04 PM
    Both CX and and BGR has said that Verizon is getting this first, coupled with Kevin Byrne, who has been pretty much spot on with every Verizon phone he has discussed, has said VZW is getting this phone in July/August.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. There have been a few people who actually know real info and has said it's coming. You just have to know about it. And yeah Kevin said Mid-August if I'm not mistaken.
    04-01-09 10:05 PM
    Isn't August too far away?

I would think people would be waiting for other BBs by then but then again those can always be pushed back as well.
    04-01-09 10:08 PM
    You sound like a 12-year old bitter Sprint customer.
    and u sound like an 11 year old verizon fan girl. And no u turd, i have verizon and have been with them for 5 years.
    Last edited by holladay42; 04-01-09 at 10:16 PM. Reason: s
    04-01-09 10:11 PM
    DOnt get me wrong I want it to come out for verizon too so I hope all of u are right, but then again ur listening to some random dudes, so I hope those random dudes are right!!
    04-01-09 10:13 PM
    easy with the personal attacking it's getting ridiculous
    04-01-09 10:14 PM
    Like i said ive only heard rumors but still havent seen any kind of road map for verizon. I would assume they will end up getting it but i just havent seen any real proof that its def coming in the summer. I guess well all wait and see how it turns out.
    04-01-09 10:14 PM
    It's a definite July/August VZW release........
    well, if u say so, then i guess its a done deal. lol
    04-01-09 10:16 PM
    Random dudes? Don't you mean the people who have consistently given us reliable information about upcoming devices? Kevin Byrne from HoFo has given us the first official specifications of the Storm, along with its release date. What he writes is the truth.

It will come out for Verizon. Period. If you choose to not believe that well then there is not much else we can say to convince you. If you want to act like a thick headed, whiny kid then go right ahead.
    04-01-09 10:27 PM
    UM YEAH... ITS PROB GOING TO VZW FIRST. i really hate to admit it but its more than likely it's going to them b/f Sprint. Like earlier posts state: tons of online media have their "ninjas" (BGR) and insiders getting intel that it's going to VZW. It would make sense for it to go to SPrint of course, since we haven't gotten anew device... but the way things have been going, seems that SPRINT has fallen and hit their head b/c they more than likley they ain't gonna p/u this device till Q4 09 or Q1 2010.

(sigh...)
    04-01-09 10:39 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Verizon-carrier-c_17_3.html

Check this website out, I have seen phone arena time and time again be dead on about what verizon is getting. I have seen them have the official emails and information that verizon only sends out to their employees. (How would I know. will I work there for 3 years now.) Rumor has it from phonearea.com that it will be out in May of 2009. Should we start a betting pool.
    Last edited by BabyBear; 04-01-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: grammar
    04-01-09 10:57 PM
    DOnt get me wrong I want it to come out for verizon too so I hope all of u are right, but then again ur listening to some random dudes, so I hope those random dudes are right!!
    Yeah, umm, these random dudes are industry insiders that are typically spot on with their information. It's fine to state your opinion, but attacking others who have been around the industry for a very long time is a little childish. I'm not saying to take their word as gospel, but trust me, these guys know what they're talking about.

Just my little bit of input.......
    04-01-09 11:00 PM
    Random dudes? Don't you mean the people who have consistently given us reliable information about upcoming devices? Kevin Byrne from HoFo has given us the first official specifications of the Storm, along with its release date. What he writes is the truth.

It will come out for Verizon. Period. If you choose to not believe that well then there is not much else we can say to convince you. If you want to act like a thick headed, whiny kid then go right ahead.
    thick headed...maybe, but whiny kid, first off no where in any of my posts has there been any whining, (about what!) so what the f**k are u talking about. Second Im a grown *** 24 year old, business professional and CFA, MBA candidate, so kid I am not. Thirdly this kevin guy (never heard of him) may turn out to be right, but right now it is all speculation, and me and my thick headed self will only believe it when there is real tangible proof.
    04-01-09 11:04 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Verizon-carrier-c_17_3.html

Check this website out, I have seen phone arena time and time again be dead on about what verizon is getting. I have seen them have the official emails and information that verizon only sends out to their employees. (How would I know. will I work there for 3 years now.) Rumor has it from phonearea.com that it will be out in May of 2009. Should we start a betting pool.
    Im down for it, seeing as I am the only one that has doubts, I could make good money if im right
    04-01-09 11:08 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD