I like using Orb to stream media to my phone, but it can't do it if my computer is sleeping.

How do I get it so that I can wake up my computer from the Blackberry?
    02-12-10 04:09 PM
    I like using Orb to stream media to my phone, but it can't do it if my computer is sleeping.

How do I get it so that I can wake up my computer from the Blackberry?

Look for a Wake on LAN option in your network properties and toggle that on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 06:38 PM
    Look for a Wake on LAN option in your network properties and toggle that on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not seeing anything like that... Where is it? I'm on Windows 7
    02-12-10 09:09 PM
    I'm not seeing anything like that... Where is it? I'm on Windows 7
    This is generally a hardware based BIOS option too. So you need to activate the feature in W7, and activate the feature through BIOS if your motherboard supports the feature.

Although I don't think it will fix your issue since USB powered devices are not considered LAN devices. You can stop the computer from sleeping by changing the power options in the control panel.

Do a search, its pretty simply. If your using a laptop, just right click the battery icon in the bottom right hand corner and select "power options"
    02-12-10 09:14 PM
    I hadn't thought of what Jmilch notes about a USB device waking the connection, so it is possible it may not work and the only option would be to keep the PC 'awake' always.

However you can make sure that it can be made to wake just to be sure.

There is a pretty detailed write up here and if you scroll about half way down there are steps to configure power management.

Power Management for Network Devices in Windows 7
    02-13-10 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD