When someone is giving me their phone number, I find it easiest to type in the number, then add to contacts. (rather than go to add contacts then have them repeat the number)

But whenever I do this, it automatically puts the number in the 'work' line, when it is almost always a cell phone number. I have to copy the number then paste it in 'mobile' line and delete the 'work' line, which I think is a pain in the ****.

Anyone know how I can set it up so it automatically saves the number to 'mobile' instead of work when I save a phone number??

I have also noticed if I get a text from a number I need to save, it DOES automatically save under 'mobile'.
    09-02-09 10:47 AM
    cant do it

its pretty annoying that it doesnt ask you where to put the number
    09-02-09 11:22 AM
    When someone is giving me their phone number, I find it easiest to type in the number, then add to contacts. (rather than go to add contacts then have them repeat the number)

But whenever I do this, it automatically puts the number in the 'work' line, when it is almost always a cell phone number. I have to copy the number then paste it in 'mobile' line and delete the 'work' line, which I think is a pain in the ****.

Anyone know how I can set it up so it automatically saves the number to 'mobile' instead of work when I save a phone number??

I have also noticed if I get a text from a number I need to save, it DOES automatically save under 'mobile'.
    But your can use the Caps Lock+scroll key to copy press BB button->cut move curer over to the field you want bb button->past

This way do not have to remember it.....also I tried on 5.0.191 to see if it gives you an option but it still places it in the work line.

I know this is not want you wanted to hear but it works.....
    09-02-09 11:28 AM
    blackberrys are for BUSINESS blah blabh blahs
    09-02-09 12:20 PM
    BerryAddOn can do it.

You can have it set to ask you every time you place a call or receive one that isn't in your phone book. Also gives you the option of what type of number it is. I think that it is really handy.

http://crackberry.com/berryaddon-all-one-utility
    09-02-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD