I know there is a link on it but I can't find it. When I hook up to BB desktop software it will just look for updates. I just want to delete and re load the current operation software without erasing all my apps to see if I can work a bug out of it.

Thanks
    01-09-10 01:28 PM
    Unfortunately there's no way to reload the current OS without deleting it. The App Loader will load upgrades or downgrades, but it won't load the same version on top of itself.
    01-09-10 01:36 PM
    Ok, so how do I delete it and back up my apps and re load the current OS?
    01-09-10 01:41 PM
    Before you start, be sure you really want to do this. You're about to make your BlackBerry inop until you finish the process. If errors occur, it can take a while to get operational again.

Back up your 3rd party apps using this procedure created by Forums Moderator Crucial Xtreme: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/. I used it recently and it works well. You can also use the 3rd party program BBSAK. That may have additional features. I have not used it. If you want to recover your personal data, back it up using Desktop Manager. You have to make both backups if you want to recover everything.

You can then use JL_Cmder or BBSAK or CrackUtil to remove the OS from your device. Before you delete it, be sure you have the desired OS available on your PC, especially if the version you are loading is not the current official release. Carriers don't keep older versions on their websites and they can be difficult to find.

Once the OS is deleted, run the App Loader. It will detect the missing OS and install it for you from your PC.

It is possible BBSAK will automate some of these steps for you.
    01-09-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD