Sorry about the newbie question.

I am trying to enter an actual space in a web address and of course the BB puts a period in as a shortcut. In this case I need an actual space. What do I need to do to accomplish this?

By the way, the Tour blows away all of my previous smartphones -- the Treo and the VX6800. Much more intuitive and much less flaky. By far the best phone I've had and I'm now officially a BB convert!
    07-17-09 09:19 AM
    There's no such thing as a space in a web address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 09:23 AM
    You don't.
    07-17-09 09:23 AM
    Thats not valid http protocol format.
    07-17-09 09:41 AM
    If it's supposed to be there (very unlikely) You'd put a "%20".

If it looks like a space, it may be an underscore " _ ".
    07-17-09 09:53 AM
    related question...how do I use a juicer to make fresh squeezed orange juice without getting pulp all over the counter?

There's no spaces in URL's
    07-17-09 09:58 AM
    Thanks Camaro... the %20 did the trick
    07-17-09 10:07 AM
    You'll never see a space in a domain name, but for some reason, some people do put spaces in their file names like:
    domain.com/Some Page.htm
    07-17-09 11:06 AM
    Quite a few naggers roaming around CB these days it seems.

Wouldn't it have taken you LESS time to just answer the question than it did to tell him he's basically a moron?

Besides, how do you know he doesn't have a good reason for trying to put a space up there? Suspend your disbelief for just a moment, and realize that maybe SOME people think outside the box. Don't judge right away, you terrible terrible people.

You make places like this suck for everyone else.
    07-17-09 11:47 AM
    Thanks Camaro... the %20 did the trick
    No problem!

You'll never see a space in a domain name, but for some reason, some people do put spaces in their file names like:
    domain.com/Some Page.htm
    I used to do that. Now I just use a -, or get rid of the space altogether.
    07-17-09 07:06 PM
    related question...how do I use a juicer to make fresh squeezed orange juice without getting pulp all over the counter?

There's no spaces in URL's
    you don't...buy the juice at the store
    07-17-09 08:43 PM
    Quite a few naggers roaming around CB these days it seems.

Wouldn't it have taken you LESS time to just answer the question than it did to tell him he's basically a moron?

Besides, how do you know he doesn't have a good reason for trying to put a space up there? Suspend your disbelief for just a moment, and realize that maybe SOME people think outside the box. Don't judge right away, you terrible terrible people.

You make places like this suck for everyone else.
    The only one that called him a moron was you. Legite points about no spacing in web addresses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD