Hey... I know this can be done, but I can't remember how.

I set up my Tour and can send and receive email from my AOL account. The issue is this:

When I send an email from my PC, the address seen by others says "[email protected]" which is fine. But when I send from the AOL email account on my BB, it comes through with my NAME (not the email).

I already figured out how to change the signature line to get rid of the "sent from my Blackberry" thing, but if it's coming through differently than from the PC, people will still know I'm out and about and not sitting at my desk waiting for them to respond.

Please remind me how to change this!
    11-14-09 10:08 AM
    When you long into you bb account to access your emails i believe it asks you :email name i would just re enter you email again instead of your name. ***hope this helps***
    11-14-09 10:46 AM
    When you long into you bb account to access your emails i believe it asks you :email name i would just re enter you email again instead of your name. ***hope this helps***
    OK so here's a question: I never set up a Blackberry account! Is this required or did I somehow slip under the radar on this....?
    11-14-09 11:40 AM
    OK so here's a question: I never set up a Blackberry account! Is this required or did I somehow slip under the radar on this....?
    You had to in order to set up your aol account. Go to email setup on your phone and log onto your bis.
    11-14-09 11:44 AM
    Ignore the blackberry account. Click the edit button next to your aol address on the bis site and there should be a field to edit your display name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:44 AM
    You've gotta have a BIS account established. If you don't recall doing it, then maybe a CS rep did it for you. When I received my phone, I had problems with my ESN and couldn't activate it. After the CS resolved my registration issues, he established my BIS account for me. If you don't know the username and password, call CS and they will reset them or reestablish your account; then follow the suggestions above.
    11-14-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD