I Have searched the posts and read the "Change my Phone Number" posts ,.. but still have a question.

I have seen reference to contacting the original service provider, but the phone was purchased Un locked from another party and Sprint will not talk to me about this... The Phone is un locked . It works for Phone calls on DTAC here in Thailand, but having issues w/ the BB service BB internet...

I have the un lock codes, MEP 1 thru 5 and when I check to see if the phone is unlocked, the screen shows all the MEP 1- 5 status as disabled..

Would any of these MEP codes "Un lock" / allow editing of the "My Number or MSISDN #.

Would incorrect MSISDN number cause conflicts with connecting to BB services?

Is there a "Hack" for this? (Changing the MSISDN number?

I am dealing with many kinds of issues getting this BB Tour to operate properly here in Thailand.. round and round with TWO service providers , DTAC and AIS and we are working through them..

I just wondered if this MSISDN wrong # might be a cause .. Therefore the desire to set it Right, so I can cross it off the list of things tried.

I have Not as yet mentioned this to AIS or DTAC, it is hard work finding / speaking to a tech rep that actually even knows whats covered in the manual!..

Thanks for looking at this, any help appreciated

Garvin
    07-10-12 02:00 AM
    I have found the answer to my Original Question.
    Apparently on the Tour 9630 the MSL or SPC code is required to reach the appropriate screen to edit this number. This is a 6 digit # (On the Tour) and produces this screen

Screen_20120724_200017.jpg

I have edited the tel # to the correct #. removing the original out of date #.

Where could I find what other edits I could / perhaps Should make in this screen; and how to perform them correctly.
    This applies to my situations as the phone is used in Thailand now.. I wonder if the other "Settings" in this screen could be conflicting with the carrier I am on now in Thailand, AIS

Thanks
    GB
    07-24-12 08:12 AM
    Can you plz inform as to how exactly you arrived at that screen.

What steps did you take.

I would really appreciate it as I am having this exact problem.

Thank you very much.
    09-18-12 04:05 PM
    Can you plz inform as to how exactly you arrived at that screen.

What steps did you take.

I would really appreciate it as I am having this exact problem.

Thank you very much.
    Just dial ##000000
    09-19-12 05:33 PM
    Not on Sprint devices. That doesn't work.
    09-19-12 07:21 PM
    Thanx for this nice share and information....
    12-08-12 04:38 AM
    well this code worked for my tour, but i cannot save the settings which i edit. how can i do that now? plwase help
    02-10-13 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD