I received an FRU (refurb) replacement unit with a green dot on the box(mexico 5 slight scuffs on it) - I have a 2nd replacement unit that is still glitchy at time but not as bad as my first one - not sure I want to bother swaping out new unit for an refurb

1) how can you identify a real green dot unit
    2) how can you tell hardware build date on the unit?

Thanks
    09-11-09 10:39 AM
    alt+shift+h shows your os build. not sure on the green dot thing. I'd check out the "got my green dot" thread for an answer to that.
    09-11-09 10:50 AM
    The hardware build date is listed on the UPC label on your box in the lower right hand corner just above the place of manufacture. If it's a "green dot", then it'll have a green sticker on the same label.
    09-11-09 11:07 AM
    How is it possible to tell if you were never given the box? They kept the new box my 2nd Tour come from in the store. Reason I ask is my 3rd should be delivered today so I know where to look on that one too.
    09-11-09 11:46 AM
    If you go to the following site, there is a series of photos on taking apart the TOUR. One of them shows a label INSIDE which has a date on it. Unfortunately, the date shown has March 18, 2009. Which is clearly way before the Tour was issued. So it must be a part's date.

Sprint Blackberry tour breakdown. - InsiderForums
    09-11-09 12:57 PM
    The hardware build date is listed on the UPC label on your box in the lower right hand corner just above the place of manufacture. If it's a "green dot", then it'll have a green sticker on the same label.
    nope. that's the sell date to the wireless provider.
    09-11-09 01:03 PM
    nope. that's the sell date to the wireless provider.
    Do some searching on this site and talk to enough CS/tech reps and you'll find that you're wrong.
    09-11-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD