Ok so when I am scrolling to the left or right, it will jump up or down 3 or 4 lines and its VERY annoying. I have it on 80. Tried 70 as well.

This is my third Tour and I am FINALLY happy because I have no muffled mic, but now this? I am afraid to exchange it because of the mic issue again

Any way I can test it?
    08-04-09 09:03 PM
    yes.. go to status under options... type in TEST then click the blackberry button and click on run...only click on trackball and keyboard... then you swipe your trackball and if you get above 5 or 6 ur trackball is good
    08-04-09 09:16 PM
    I'm on my third tour. The trackball on the first one was impossible, the second one was having a little problem to the left and right, but the third one is perfect! If yours doesnt work well, just exchange it
    08-04-09 09:25 PM
    yes.. go to status under options... type in TEST then click the blackberry button and click on run...only click on trackball and keyboard... then you swipe your trackball and if you get above 5 or 6 ur trackball is good
    incorrect....if she gets a number while scrolling immediately her trackball is good. People are spreading this misinformation around.

Scrolling left,right, up and down should net you a number of 1 (all 1's are a perfect trackball) .

Scroll normally when doing the test....good luck
    08-04-09 09:30 PM
    I'm brand new to the Tour. The trackball on my phone moves fine when swiping. It just feels as though when I push on it it's even with the buttons to the left and right, which makes it a little difficult to use. Is this normal?
    08-04-09 09:30 PM
    incorrect....if she gets a number while scrolling immediately her trackball is good. People are spreading this misinformation around.

Scrolling left,right, up and down should net you a number of 1 (all 1's are a perfect trackball) .

Thank you for that post!!! UGH I was doing the test mentioned in a previous thread where people were getting numbers in the HIGH TEENS and up to 20!!! I was so confused because my trackball worked fine, and even on 100 I'd have to viciously scroll to get in the mid teens if that LOL! Thanks for clearing the misinformation up, I see what you're talking about with the test now.
    08-04-09 09:33 PM

verizon was the one who told me about this test. they told me over the phone that if I swipe the trackball and if I get higher then a 5 or 6, then the trackball is good. if I have a hard time getting over 2 or 3 then someone might be wrong with the trackball.

again this is what verizon told me to do when I was on the phone with them. my trackball is great though, I can get as high as 22
    08-04-09 09:35 PM
    Firstly I gotta say that discovering this "test" is very cool. Secondly, thanks CK for your "1" info. Before I read your post my trackball sucked, and now it is number "1" LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:38 PM

Oh thank God, I thought I was going crazy yesterday when someone posted that 10 was normal and I was getting all ones!
    08-04-09 09:59 PM
    Well, when I scroll from left to right, it went from 1 left for a few scrolls to down 3. That is the the problem I am having, maybe a sensitivity change would help?

For example, if I do a text, and I scroll up and then left to change a word, it will take me 5 minutes to get to it because it will go everywhere else before that word
    08-05-09 02:12 PM
    I think cereal killer gave some great advice a few days back: You need to lightly "feather" your trackball. Brush your fingertip over it, and stop smooshing it back and forth. If that doesn't work, it is defective.

The general consensus here seems to be that american releases of these devices seriously failed.
    08-05-09 02:16 PM
    if your asking this question you probably do have a trackball problem, and it sounds like you do, just take the phone to your service providor and make them give you a new one, because I am sure you are still within the 30 day return period.
    08-05-09 02:36 PM
    you're not scrolling horizontally right you're probably going down some. I'll do this occasionally.. That test is not even valid. If you do 2 or 3 scrolls and the icon doens't move the trackball is either dirty and malfunctioned..

I.E this is a problem with the trackball.
    Last edited by Tdubby; 08-05-09 at 02:45 PM.
    08-05-09 02:40 PM
    Well, when I scroll from left to right, it went from 1 left for a few scrolls to down 3. That is the the problem I am having, maybe a sensitivity change would help?

For example, if I do a text, and I scroll up and then left to change a word, it will take me 5 minutes to get to it because it will go everywhere else before that word
    thats software...software update should fix this. It's a common bug.

Typing out a long text or BBM and then moving the cursor around will exhibit erratic behavior from the cursor. Thats software.
    Last edited by cereal killer; 08-05-09 at 02:44 PM.
    08-05-09 02:40 PM
    You can tell without any tests. On the main menu, the right scroll should behave EXACTLY like the left. No lag either way. My first issue was just that it was lagging on screen, I didn't "feel" any difference in the trackball. After returning it, my new issue is that I can FEEL the ball not gripping the roller.
    08-05-09 03:15 PM
    I wish I could just take it to a Sprint store, but do they have them yet? Closest corporate is 2 hours away from me with traffic
    08-05-09 07:37 PM
    LMAO! I just called the corporate store, they are not aware of any issues (imagine that) but they said they'll exchange it.

The funniest part was, now this new Tour is really nice, and you CAN exchange it, BUT, it MUST be within 30 days, we have had alot of Tour owners exchange out of 30 days. I said why do you work for Sprint? She said because its a job, I said maybe you should educate yourself instead of making yourself sound like a dumbass, the phone just came out on the 12th. She said no it didnt maam I work for Sprint I know. I just hung up lol.
    08-05-09 07:43 PM
    I think cereal killer gave some great advice a few days back: You need to lightly "feather" your trackball. Brush your fingertip over it, and stop smooshing it back and forth. If that doesn't work, it is defective.

The general consensus here seems to be that american releases of these devices seriously failed.
    I thought I was dealing with the same trackball issue as everyone but I've realized the 9630 trackball was designed to be used this way...just had to adjust from mashing the old trackball/wheel from past BBs...

I set the trackball sensitivity between 80 and 90, ran the test and got all 1s and rarely 2s..I have a couple weeks til my 30 day exchange so I'll continue testing...but so far so good!
    08-05-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD