I have a Tour 9630 and I want to copy my contacts to my SIM card. What is the procedure to copy each contact individually (I don't think there is a way to copy all contacts at one, is there)?
    11-24-09 10:21 AM
    You can't copy the Contacts to the SIM Card, but you can copy individual phone numbers.

Open your Contacts. Go to an individual contact. Highlight a phone number. Press Menu. Select Copy to SIM Phone Book.

And you are correct. There's no way to copy all the contacts at once.
    11-24-09 11:15 AM
    Thank you Mama. One more question...what is the purpose of copying phone numbers to the SIM card? I think it has something to do with traveling oversees but I am not certain. Thanks again!
    11-25-09 08:27 AM
    Thank you Mama. One more question...what is the purpose of copying phone numbers to the SIM card? I think it has something to do with traveling oversees but I am not certain. Thanks again!
    I'd like to know that too. When I was in Europe this past summer with my former 8830, we used the phone infrequently but did use it. I believe I "dialed" from my normal contact application. So what is the purpose of the SIM "phonebook?"

Then if not asking too much on the OP's thread - when folks with non-cdma phones move sim cards between devices, are their "contacts" on the sim card merely limited to a name/number or are the sim cards in those devices (AT&T, etc) holding a much more complete contact list????
    11-25-09 09:34 AM
    its just a backup of minimal parts of your contacts thats all there really is no purpose to do it actually... your better off using dm to either sync or do a backup
    11-25-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD