I think people should look at it like this. The Tour is like the Bold which is to say its the highest tier of Blackberry, they will buy the phone but not in mass numbers like the Curve and not lining up for it like the Storm.

On a side note, I wonder if Verizon will price the Tour competitively with the Bold since it fell to 199

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I thought this as well it would make more sense..
    06-22-09 10:51 PM
    IMO all the HYPE is between us Crackberryan's. Both Sprint and Verizon are long do a new blackberry. Especially Sprint i mean what do we have now an aging curve, pearl, and 8830, sure we have the 8350 but thats just a nextel curve. you verizon guys atleast got the Storm and Flip over us. As far as the Storm that's a different beast all together and alot of yall storm owners or going to pick up the Tour im sure. i also think that the storm 2 will not get the hype or the sales the original storm did. just my 2 cents
    06-22-09 10:51 PM
    I don't know, guys. Look at all the ads we had to endure for the Storm and Bold. I'm not seeing those for the Tour, and it is supposed to be out in less than a month. I don't even think most people will know this phone exists until it is available.
    i thought that too but i was in the verizon store today and 3 other people besides myself were asking about it, but of course reps being reps said they had no release date yet...but hey, at least they know it exists
    06-22-09 10:58 PM
    IMO all the HYPE is between us Crackberryan's. Both Sprint and Verizon are long do a new blackberry. Especially Sprint i mean what do we have now an aging curve, pearl, and 8830, sure we have the 8350 but thats just a nextel curve. you verizon guys atleast got the Storm and Flip over us. As far as the Storm that's a different beast all together and alot of yall storm owners or going to pick up the Tour im sure. i also think that the storm 2 will not get the hype or the sales the original storm did. just my 2 cents

it will get the same hype.. because the commercials will probably be pretty nuts for the storm 2

but I agree with the rest..
    06-22-09 11:16 PM
    IMO all the HYPE is between us Crackberryan's
    lol i remember saying this about the storm.
    06-22-09 11:18 PM
    Can someone tell me where can I go to view the new bb tour?
    06-22-09 11:20 PM
    it will get the same hype.. because the commercials will probably be pretty nuts for the storm 2

but I agree with the rest..
    im not here to disagree or agree on that, but i will say i don't know, the storm did leave a unpleasant taste to alot of owners. it can hurt sales for the storm 2.
    06-22-09 11:21 PM
    Can someone tell me where can I go to view the new bb tour?
    Be the first to hear
    and here
    BlackBerry - Tour – BlackBerry 9630 Smartphones – RIM Tour

enjoy
    06-22-09 11:29 PM
    Since us CDMA guys have nothing else...we need this :-(
    06-23-09 06:06 AM
    to be honest I personally don't think the hype will be close to that of the storm..

the storm is the closest thing to a major touch screen device like the iPhone that verizon has seen..

the tour is a upgrade for other devices in the same category but nothing so new that its going to be rediculous..

I think the phone will sell well... but I don't think there is going to be droves and droves of lines for it.

i have to agree...you can look here (crackberry.com) and see how much more hype there was for the storm. Before release of the storm, there was like 1600 thread started. Didn't count,just a estimate. The tour has 400...yes i know it hasn't been released yet. I'm excited about the tour just like everyone else here is. Just don't think there is going to be a line out the door for the Tour. I think if you wanted to wait a week or two after release you can get one. They won't be sold out.

i may pay full retail for one to switch it up with my storm. I will wait and see what everyone has to say about it. See if its worth it.
    06-23-09 09:45 AM
    The hype will be virtually non-existent anywhere else but here. This is a great device but doesn't offer anything new to VZW aside from being somewhat quicker in a new form factor. Most people will see it as just another blackberry without any kind of "hook" to draw them in. The Storm's hook was it's touchscreen and click interface. Iphone's hook is the OS and touchscree (along with the fact that it's an Apple). The tour has no such hook and while it will probably do things better than all the other BBs, it really offers nothing new for the average consumer.
    06-23-09 12:41 PM
    I'm waiting for the Tour to be my first BB.

I'm on Alltel now and even my closest retail Alltel store is 60 miles away. I don't even know how far I'd have to go to get to a Verizon retail store (central Nebraska).

I called Verizon and they said that I can switch over from Alltel at any time I want now, so I will be ordering the tour directly from Verizon. Does anyone know what to expect for web/phone sales? When ordering a new device online or over the phone, should I be calling as soon as its available, or is supply less of an issue when ordering it direct from Verizon?
    06-23-09 02:37 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD