I've owned my phone for 8 months and I'm having ISSUES. This thing has been babied all over the place, so I want an expert opinion on what others think might be the problem...and if I should get a replacement phone.

I've had trackball issues with the phone since Day 1, but they weren't so miserable that I couldn't live with it, so I kept the phone.

The phone has been pretty great: beautiful screen, fast, etc. etc.

For the past month, I've had issue with:

1. Signal - Drops ALL THE TIME now
    2. Dropped calls - Often
    3. Browser "can't render page" messages when trying to surf the web
    4. Hourglass of death
    5. White screen
    6. Screen freeze
    7. Delayed delivery of push email
    8. Trackball goes left, when I try to push it right, and vice versa (I even cleaned it)

I called Sprint and after much back/forth, they suggested I get the trackball replaced. I reminded them that won't solve all the other problems, so now they'll send me a replacement ("refurbished") phone instead.

Does my phone need replacing or is there something else I can do to fix the above problems?

And please don't say "hard reset" - not only has it already been done, but what phone requires so many hard resets in less than a year?
    04-30-10 04:48 PM
    you could problably try reinstalling the OS if it's like that EXACTLY after a hard reset.

that being said, I think it's safe to say that Windows Mobile 6 would require more hard resets in a year. now if only RIM could figure out a more efficient way of garbage collection.
    04-30-10 05:07 PM
    you could problably try reinstalling the OS if it's like that EXACTLY after a hard reset.
    No, it's not like that exactly after a hard reset, but certainly within a week of...
    04-30-10 05:16 PM
    oh in that case sorry that's normal (at least for my storm- the Tour may be the same). try downloading quickpull and set it to restart the device once a week or so...
    04-30-10 05:36 PM
    oh in that case sorry that's normal (at least for my storm- the Tour may be the same). try downloading quickpull and set it to restart the device once a week or so...
    Really...that's normal for a BBerry (this is my first one)? Even the dropped signals/calls?
    04-30-10 05:38 PM
    well, some of the freezing can be attributed to the phone's memory filling up which can be fixed with a hard reset, not rue about the others. a reinstall may help.
    04-30-10 05:41 PM
    Everything you mentioned could possibly be cured by reinstalling your OS or doing more frequent hard/soft resets, with the possible exception of the trackball moving in the wrong direction.

The wonky trackball movement leads me to think that you may want to get the device replaced.

Are you running Sprint's .484? If so, you can't go wrong there.

What is your file free memory when it starts slowing down?
    04-30-10 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD