Yup. Set to default, still no luck.
    09-10-09 11:06 PM
    Mine stopped working after launching Amazon's BB app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 12:10 AM
    Well it looks like I got it working. Deleted poynt and google maps. I think SueWNY was right, my setting was not on default for the layout it was on 4x4. I changed that to default and originally it didnt fix it. I did a battery pull after changing it though and so far so good. I will try reinstalling poynt and google maps one at a time and see if the problem reappears. If not, it was as Sue suggested. Too bad this thing takes so sarn long to boot, just intalling these two programs and rebooting after each will take me a half hour. Hoping the new OS will be shorter.....
    09-11-09 09:13 AM
    I've been having this issue with my last two Berrys, my Storm and now my Tour. I tried everything listed on this thread so far and never had Poynt or Google Maps or Amazon installed. Have gone through every step I can think of so far:

1. Uninstalled OS, Hybrid, and DM from computer (and cleaned out windows registry)
    2. Wiped phone and ONLY backed up SMS' (sync contacts/calendar with Outlook)
    3. Reinstalled OS (without hybrid)
    4. Individually reinstalled

Still continue to have problems after about a day. I just re-did these steps again yesterday after discovering a bug with my profiles not showing an option for Visual Voicemail alerts. Just like dssesq said, the problems disappeared for a while however, after a few messages, resumed today.

So, who has an idea for next steps?
    09-11-09 10:38 AM
    I had that same problem. Then I upgraded my os to .140 and it fixed my problem.

09-11-09 10:43 AM
    .140 is great. I'm running .191 now. WOW what a difference. I had no idea my tour could be this fast.
    09-11-09 10:48 AM
    A common adjustment between my issues that originated this thread and a few others was the 4x4 setting in the app screen. It's not default, but was what I had it set on when issues began.

Good find.

Still no problems today after fixing this yesterday.
    09-11-09 01:56 PM
    Good call. Back to default from 4x4 here too and my icons work...even with Google Maps reinstalled.

09-11-09 07:41 PM
    Thanks Sue! Still no problems almost a week later...

Take care!
    09-15-09 12:16 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD