Weatherberry, messages, facebook...none will update on the homescreen. When I see the same icons in the application menu, they're updated properly, but not when I go back to the homescreen.

I've done battery pulls. Even deleted apps, then reinstalled. Can't seem to get it to work...

Anyone have a clue??
    09-10-09 02:24 PM
    that it certainly odd. so when you receive an email it doesn't show in your messages folder on the home screen? But when you go into the app menu there they are? This may sound like a wierd solution, but try resending your service books. Shot in the dark, but might work.
    09-10-09 02:29 PM
    if you mean they do not show when you have new messages, etc. then I think I was having your same issue prior to me having to load the OS over again. I now notice post-reload that my facebook icon will have the new message/comment notification whereas it did not before. I know that doesn't help much but that's my experience with it.
    09-10-09 02:30 PM
    Appreciate the quick response folks...

Let's try the service books first...

How do I go about doing that? I know where they're located, but not sure how to resend them.

We'll try the OS thing with DM if I need to. Hope it's not that serious.

Both of you seem to be describing the issue. It's like everything works except the homescreen icons updating like they should after actions are taken.

Very strange.
    09-10-09 02:33 PM
    it is in your set up folder. click email set up and log in and then there will be an icon to resend service books
    09-10-09 02:35 PM
    Okay. That's done. I get the "new notification" in the top bar. No red star indicator on the message envelope icon (and yes, I have everything consolidated).

When I go to the applications menu to see the envelope icon, the red notification star IS there. It's only the homescreen icons that just will NOT update. Including WB....this sucks. haha...
    09-10-09 02:43 PM
    ok that is rediculous. any chance you have a new theme installed or are you running a stock theme.
    09-10-09 02:45 PM
    I'm running the stock "Precision Zen" theme. Not the Verizon Theme. Not quite sure what the difference is between the two of them other than the background image.

BTW...I DO have the Tour (even though my info says Storm) I switched to this thing only two days ago. Love it other than this stupid little glitch...

The worst part is the WB not working right.
    09-10-09 02:53 PM
    unfortunately I don't think there is an easy solution to this. You have done everything right . . . battery pull, uninstall/reinstall, and resend service books. The last resort is reload your os. Do you have desktop manager installed on your computer?
    09-10-09 02:57 PM
    Yes. The latest (as long as it's 5.0)
    09-10-09 03:01 PM
    yep. DM5.0 is the latest.

Here is the link for the stock 4.7 OS: BBHybrids.net - Blackberry Hybrids: Downloads / 9630 Software / 4.7.1.40 (Official)
    just click the blue DL arrow. Run that and when it is finished it will ask you if you want to start the DM. Click yes, but don't click the little box that says do this everytime. In the future if you hybridize you don't use the DM. When the DM opens you can repair/reinstall your os. don't know the exact step by step, but you'll figure it out.
    09-10-09 03:06 PM
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks for sticking with this. I'll update once this is all done.

Chop
    09-10-09 03:08 PM
    good luck. let me know how you make out!
    09-10-09 03:09 PM
    Hasn't worked as of yet. Of course I really can't tell if I'm doing anything right or not. I downloaded the program to my computer, connected to DM. It said the updates to the core programs were there, and to hit next. I hit next, it updated, didn't seem to do really anything (not even a reboot). Said it had updated successfully, and nothing seems to have changed.

I'm lost. I'm rebooting the phone in the hopes that a miracle has occured, otherwise, who knows.
    09-10-09 04:25 PM
    there is one more thing we can try if you want. I'll stick with you if you want to give it a go
    09-10-09 05:54 PM
    Well, I'll tell ya. I decided to take another approach, and all seems to be working excellent right now...

I deleted all the third party software off the phone and rebooted. Sent myself a test email, and all notifications and email icons acted properly.

I then installed weatherberry.... sent test email....good. WB icon worked, and updated...

I then installed Facebook...test email...good...notification...good...

Reinstalled quickpull...all again...and good all around...

This tells me that there had to be a conflict with either "poynt", "google maps" or something else. I also made sure I paid attention to what "permissions" I allowed, or custom set to ensure that "cross interaction" was held to a minimum.

Right now, I have NOT reinstalled "poynt" or "google maps"...and I'll use it as it sits at this point.

We shall see!!!!
    09-10-09 06:25 PM
    cool. glad you got a handle on it. if you need any other assistance, feel free to send me a pm.
    09-10-09 06:49 PM
    cool. glad you got a handle on it. if you need any other assistance, feel free to send me a pm.
    Will do!

Take care!

Chop
    09-10-09 06:54 PM
    Wow this is the EXACT same problem I have been having for the last three weeks. It actually started happening with my last tour that I returned for trackball issues. Got the new one, installed the same third party software and voila it was happening again. I was going to ask what third party software you had. I have all of the ones you mentioned and some others. I am going to uninstall poynt (a great loss, I love it) and see if that solves it. If not, I will uninstall google maps. It may be that together we can figure out which software caused this problem.
    09-10-09 07:56 PM
    One more thing, I have quickpull reset the phone every night. Oddly, for the first few messages I get after the reset the home icons do show the notifications. Then after a few minutes they stop. Please let me know if they keep working for you. OK, off to wait a few hours while the phone resets after each deletion of the programs.
    09-10-09 08:00 PM
    I am so glad you posted. I uninstalled poynt and only poynt. Rebooted and so far so good!
    09-10-09 08:23 PM
    Reinstalled poynt and icons stopped working. It is the culprit. Just sent an email to their support telling them about the problem.
    09-10-09 08:40 PM
    I didn't have Poynt installed. Google Maps seems to have been my issue for the same glitch. I didn't have to make any drastic moves...just a simple uninstall of Google Maps then reboot.

We'll see how long it continues to work properly though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:12 PM
    I didn't have Poynt installed. Google Maps seems to have been my issue for the same glitch. I didn't have to make any drastic moves...just a simple uninstall of Google Maps then reboot.

We'll see how long it continues to work properly though...

Hope all works well for you. Haven't had any other issues since my post earlier.

Keeping fingers crossed. I'm very happy with this phone and would have been greatly disappointed had we not knocked this glitch out.

I also felt that watching the permissions and not allowing too much "cross interaction" could have been partially to blame. We'll see.

09-10-09 09:51 PM
    Well looks like I spoke too soon. Problem sarted happening again after poynt delete. Then deleted google maps. Still happening. All works ok until I leave the home screen to go to the app screen and run a program from there. Then when I go back to the home screen the notifications on the large icons dont work anymore. So frustrating.
    09-10-09 10:28 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD