Being a newbie and pending I am fortunate enough to get my upgrade squared away on a Tour, how easy is it to set up the BB from home once it arrives? I deem myself on being savvy in this technological world but want to make sure it is doable at home. There is nothing like getting your box and tearing into it....I don't want someone else touching my phone and having all the fun....on the other hand I don't want to mess up email set up, etc. Thanks for your comments!
    07-02-09 11:52 AM
    I think you just dial star 228 to activate

setting up email is very simple via the BIS site
    07-02-09 12:02 PM
    If you can handle the wait, the first thing I would do is plug the phone into a charger before even powering it on. There are proper ways to get the most out of your battery, but sadly it involves a good few hours waiting .

As for activation, I would assume your carrier would include information for that. If not, I'm sure someone will chime in on here with step for step directions.
    07-02-09 12:08 PM
    If you can handle the wait, the first thing I would do is plug the phone into a charger before even powering it on. There are proper ways to get the most out of your battery, but sadly it involves a good few hours waiting .

As for activation, I would assume your carrier would include information for that. If not, I'm sure someone will chime in on here with step for step directions.
    Activation is simple. As stated dial *228 and hit option 1. Email can be setup through the setup tool on the phone.

I thought it was better to let the Li-on batteries go down before recharging?
    07-02-09 12:14 PM
    Yep, pretty straight forward. You set the plan when ordering the phone and just have to dial *228 Option 1 and you are actividado. Email setup and other stuff can be done straight from the phone or via the web. It took me all of 3 minutes to set up my wife's Curve and that was on Christmas day.
    07-02-09 12:15 PM
    Thanks to you all! Coming from a WinMo phone I feel like a little kid right now....once it arrives I will probably just stare at it for a while! The VZ rep in a store told me to not pre-order because it was difficult to set up....I can't blame him for trying for a commission. Thanks again all!!!
    07-02-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD