Listen to the noise that comes out from the left side of the Tour (above the left convenience button).

Anyone else hear static coming out of it??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 03:16 PM
    No static heard. VZW 9630/4.7.1.61.

12-13-09 03:18 PM
    No noise coming from mine, but I'm on US Cellular. Maybe it's a Sprint thing.
    12-13-09 03:18 PM
    You mean it's creaking?
    12-13-09 03:26 PM
    Wow! Mine sounds like the ocean!
    12-13-09 04:00 PM
    no i believe that your on your own with this one....
    12-13-09 04:08 PM
    my tour just told me to kill myself

it said it was because i was dumb enough to put it up to my ear when someone on the internet told me to.
    12-13-09 04:21 PM
    Listen to the noise that comes out from the left side of the Tour (above the left convenience button).

Anyone else hear static coming out of it??

does it do it all the time? Maybe you have an open app thats running and what your hearing might be the processor running on the phone??
    12-13-09 04:24 PM
    You guys are messed up...lolol...OP, in order for us to help, give us a lil more info on what type of noise your hearing. Ex: creaking from the top housing piece, processor noise, sound from speaker turning on...?
    12-13-09 04:37 PM
    Its probably the display making a slight noise, power goes into these things to run them and can cause a slight noise sometimes depending on the power supply, however that opening above your left con key is your speaker so it could be something else

12-13-09 04:45 PM
    is this during a phone call or just on standby?
    12-13-09 04:53 PM
    During a call, or when a call is coming in, or an alert getting ready to sound...the speaker makes a very noticeable electronic static noise. This is my fourth tour and all of them have made this noice when getting an alert, call etc. Even if the phone is on vib or silent, the speakerphone speaker still has a current running through it and you can hear the white noise it's emitting. Major manufacturing flaw but what can you so about it? Add this to the list of screwups on this model. I hope rim gets their manufacturing issues resolved. Granted not ever tour has these issues, seemingly too many of us are. My 8830WE had ZERO design/manufacturing issues. None, zip.no problems at all actually...and I ended up owning like 6 of them. Sigh...

12-13-09 04:59 PM
    Lmao I hear nothing vzw tour 5.0.0.230

12-13-09 05:05 PM
    On Sprint nothing here. For those of you that are hearing these "Noises" I suggest you cover your head with aluminum foil. They found you and as I type they are narrowing down on your location!!!
    12-13-09 05:05 PM
    On Sprint nothing here. For those of you that are hearing these "Noises" I suggest you cover your head with aluminum foil. They found you and as I type they are narrowing down on your location!!!
    Ahahaha....no man...their is a noise. Its the speaker..everytime u turn it on...its the sound of the power circuit in the speaker itself...I don't mind it...its no big deal...
    12-13-09 05:13 PM
    I'm sure people are hearing something. I just couldn't let that one go
    12-13-09 05:25 PM
    Manufacturing flaw? Nobody else hears it but you...
    12-13-09 07:21 PM
    Why would I create this thread if it was truly some 'creaking' noise (or something similar) coming from the actual materials used in the hardware/housing of the phone??

I just noticed it today out of happen chance when I heard a very faint noise coming from the left side (out of the holes that you see above the left convenience key). I used 'quickpull' to do a soft reset and the noise went away after the phone did a reboot.

Wow! Mine sounds like the ocean!
    EXACTLY!! That's a better description of it actually...kind of like a static/ocean like sound. I am just curious as to what causes it exactly.

You guys are messed up...lolol...OP, in order for us to help, give us a lil more info on what type of noise your hearing. Ex: creaking from the top housing piece, processor noise, sound from speaker turning on...?
    Read above.

is this during a phone call or just on standby?
    Nope; it's during standby.

Manufacturing flaw? Nobody else hears it but you...
    No; there are certain voices and sounds that the prince only hears...but trust me; this isn't one of them.
    12-13-09 09:22 PM
    Nothing on mine using 4.7.0.40

12-13-09 09:29 PM
    Are you guys posting the Platform number or the number beside the letter 'v'?
    12-13-09 09:43 PM

it said it was because i was dumb enough to put it up to my ear when someone on the internet told me to.
    hahahahahah......i am in the same boat man,,,, lmao,,,,
    12-13-09 09:48 PM
    I'm going to post a video so you guys can hear and understand what the OP is talking about. Look for it tomorrow.

12-13-09 09:49 PM
    Originally Posted by turntable

ROFLMMFAO! Thanks, I just shot coke all over the screen of my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-13-09 09:56 PM
    ROFLMMFAO! Thanks, I just shot coke all over the screen of my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If the prince told you and the other guy in person to hold the phone up to your ear for the sound (and not just telling you over the internet)...you'd still do it because the prince is telling you to do so.

The funny thing is that you may not hear it all the time; or even the majority of the time...but the noise is there sometimes. I don't hear it now; but I assure you it is there sometimes.

This is why I'm a prince..I pay attention to details; whether they're minor/major/always present/hardly present/etc.
    12-13-09 10:09 PM
    I know what you're talking about. It's the speaker, I'm not sure what causes it. All Motorola V series devices make the same noise, I don't have it on my Tour. If you can trade it in, I suggest you do, if it bothers you that much.
    12-13-09 10:21 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD