I have many different themes that all had hidden or not hidden calenders.

Recently (maybe after getting the new facebook) my calender events have not been showing up at all on the main screen where they used to (if i scrolled over calender they would pop up).

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Any suggestions?
    I tried switching different themes (havent redownloaded them) and also turned off facebook in the calender, but i cant think of anything else to do...

help

thanks
    10-23-09 03:29 PM
    When you installed facebook, it probably took over as the default calendar, cause it's a hog of an app and wants to rule your life. Reset your default calendar in "options" and see if that helps.
    10-23-09 03:30 PM
    well it wasnt facebook,
    but after i installed it, it switched my main calender to a different email i use with no events...

thanks so much
    10-23-09 03:37 PM
    my birthdays come from facebook and i couldnt get them to work... i can not recall what post i picked this up from but it worked and i hope it works for you... it goes like this options>>>advanced options>>>service book>>>>(look for your email accounts (they end in CMIME)>>>delete>>>return to themes>>>pick a new theme>>>go back to option>>>then back to themes>>> and back to the theme you had. After typing all of this I noticed this is how you make them show on your today... sorry if this did not help you.
    10-23-09 03:39 PM
    well it wasnt facebook,
    but after i installed it, it switched my main calender to a different email i use with no events...

thanks so much
    That's what I mean about it "is" facebook, once you install it changes everything in your life! lol It might not change it to a facebook calendar, but it probably adds a third "Default" calendar. That app is a friggin mess.
    10-23-09 03:42 PM
    This a 2-step method for combining Calendars so that they are all located in the same one considered your "main" email address associated with your BlackBerry.

* I will give a warning that I do NOT use Facebook (yes, I'm one of the 7 people in North America under 40 who doesn't!) so if Facebook adds some twist to this, maybe someone else can chime in.

** Please see link & warning at the bottom!

Step #1: setting which Calendar is default
    Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services -> Calendar: *set this to your preferred "main" email address*
    Exit and save if required.

Step #2: Combining Calendar entries & deleting other Calendars
    a) Go to Calendar -> Options. If you're a newbie, do this by opening the Calendar app, then press MENU, then press O to jump to Options, then press MENU again to select. Or scroll to Options and click it if you prefer!
    b) The screen should say Calendar Options at the top. Type MOVE on your keyboard to open a "hidden menu" and select your preferred new "default/main" Calendar.
    All entries will move to this new Calendar and the other "Calendars" will be deleted.
    Exit and save if required.

All done!

RIM recommends backing up your device prior to this action. (Whoops, I didn't when i had this issue!)
    Here is their link:
    View Document: How to merge multiple calendars
    10-23-09 04:42 PM
    I was having this same issue, and I tried this process, got it to ask if I wanted to move the items, I said yes, and nothing happened. A funny thing happened for me earlier today, though, I added my wife's birthday, and our anniv. In her contact, and now it shows things on the calendar - but only those to items for the next 2 yrs!! Any ideas what may help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 07:06 PM
    Yes, that's what I originally had with my Calendars a few months ago. I had no idea about teh separated Calendars until I got a Hidden Today theme.

Skip my Step #1 and just try Step #2 again. You might have an extra prompt to choose which schedule will be the destination. Choose the one associated with your main email address. (NOT the one called Device Default if that's a choice.)

If that doesn't help, pull the battery and try again.
    10-23-09 07:29 PM
    Can I follow up since the "MULTI" calendars confuses me, too. I am a simple person, don't use the BB for corporate/business functions. I just want ONE darn calendar. After consolidating (merging or whatever) how do I specify to OUTLOOK which is the Calendar I want to sync?? Hope this is not thread-jacking but I don't want to then lose everything after syncing each time.
    10-24-09 10:46 AM
    thanks for the tips!
    10-24-09 11:49 AM
    my birthdays come from facebook and i couldnt get them to work... i can not recall what post i picked this up from but it worked and i hope it works for you... it goes like this options>>>advanced options>>>service book>>>>(look for your email accounts (they end in CMIME)>>>delete>>>return to themes>>>pick a new theme>>>go back to option>>>then back to themes>>> and back to the theme you had. After typing all of this I noticed this is how you make them show on your today... sorry if this did not help you.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!! Now I will not miss those important events...hahaha
    12-07-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD