View Poll Results: Does the 'Droid make you a little jealous? (Tour users poll)

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 44.04%
  • No

108 55.96%
    I agree. I won't do touchscreen keyboards or sideways slide-out keyboards. Pretty much leaves BBs.
    10-31-09 12:37 AM
    next time i upgrade im going for magnum or dakota.. i want touch screen with keyboard that is curved and not flat as kansas.
    10-31-09 01:17 AM
    Nah ill stick with my BlackBerry! I love It to much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 01:24 AM
    I'm very interested in this. Im a new BB owner, and im very satisfied. However, the built in navigation in Android 2.0, not just the Droid, is very appealing. Plus, it will do all of the things my BB does, plus better web browsing. Mainly, i just use my BB for the calendar, and great keyboard. And I REALLY don't want to go back to a slide keyboard, and one that looks like the Droid's. As far as battery life goes, it has been getting VERY good reports. The screen (obviously) takes up most of the battery, with Androids own battery report widget saying 51%. However, many reviews have shown it has gone all day with 30% to spare. Granted, they werent playing with it EVERY SECOND like new users would be, but they reported they didnt just leave it lying around either. I think it was the Engadget review im referring to btw. Anyways, a friend is going to probably get it, so I'll play around with his for a bit. But really, im waiting for the rumored HTC Android 2.0 device that is supposed to have the 1ghz Snapdragon Processor, Sense UI, and that HUGE screen. Think of it as an Android HTC Touch HD2. Anyways, thats my .02 at 3:18 am.
    10-31-09 03:19 AM
    I too am with the majority that I am not a big fan of a touchscreen... the sliding keyboard....I'll pass. I am purchased my VZ Tour and I am very happy with it. Like a lot of people here on this board, I'll wait until my contract ends and see if the buzz on the droid is really worth it.
    10-31-09 09:51 AM
    Droid is not tripping my trigger at all. The screen is impressive but the keyboard is not. I personally do not consider turn-by-turn navigation to be a killer app for a phone so that does not influence me either. The Tour meets my needs. Sure, it would be nice if the browser was better or the trackball was not unreliable, but I'll deal with it until something really better comes along and I'm afraid that will not be the Droid.
    10-31-09 01:33 PM
    I kind of would like to try a Droid before I make judgement. Ive always said I may like the iPhone if it had a slide out qwerty, because I hate all touchscreen phones. And this is along those lines. But at the same time, they keyboard really doesnt look that good. If they stole LG's keyboard design from the env/voyager series, that would be perfect.
    10-31-09 01:38 PM
    Same here, not one bit jealous of the Droid. Although it seems promising, i too, just cant deal with touchscreens and slideout keyboards. I am jealous of the new upcoming essex though =(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 04:37 PM
    I'm the OP of the thread. If people could post positive or negative reviews of the Droid here and compare it to the Tour on this thread, I would find that helpful and I'm sure others would too. I'm still intrigued.
    11-01-09 07:09 PM
    I'm the OP of the thread. If people could post positive or negative reviews of the Droid here and compare it to the Tour on this thread, I would find that helpful and I'm sure others would too. I'm still intrigued.

Droid comes out later this week, so it's doubtful many people have one to compare with.
    11-01-09 08:37 PM
    I know that. 6 am EST Friday, reportedly. I was requesting if people could do it post-release. Some pre-releases are out too, though.
    11-01-09 08:42 PM
    I have no desire for the 'droid in any flavor. I've been using and abusing either my curve (which I gave to my brother to abuse) or my Tour which I haven't had any issues with (trackball or otherwise). I played around a bit with the 'droid while waiting for a new curve for my wife, I can't say I was impressed with it.
    11-01-09 09:49 PM
    Just got my tour yesterday upgraded from 8830 and the tour is the truth! i cant see the droid bumping out blackberry in anyway,
    11-01-09 11:25 PM
    I prefer Tour's form factor to Droid's, although having a touchscreen would be nice (coming from a Treo, I am aware of how useful it can be regarding menu navigation). Dakota is the phone I am definitely getting once it comes out.
    11-02-09 07:21 AM
    It's hard to be jealous when you're buying the phone.

I think it's time for BB to get with the next decade and exhibit all the features that competitors have. That, and reboot in under 30 seconds like my desktop PC :-P
    11-02-09 09:56 AM
    there is no chance in **** any blackberry will keep me from getting a DROID when my contract runs out. The new OS along with FREE TURN BY TURN navigation will lure me away. I'm sick of my stupid trackball on this blackberry. Unless of course, Skyfire is the greatest browser of all time...we shall see. A great browser can keep me!
    I'm on the 8830 now and thinking of the Tour for one reason and one reason only....

Global Phone. While I don't travel alot, having GSM capability is important to me, so I guess it all depends and what you need/want.
    11-02-09 10:29 AM
    Like others before me, I am still on the fences with the slide out keyboard and the snappiness / responsiveness of their touchscreen keyboard.

Coming from the Pre, I know it was a pain to constantly slide out the keyboard to reply and slide back in. (rinse and repeat) Having it all accessible without the aforementioned is ideal.

Try before you buy is the best routine......
    11-02-09 10:36 AM
    Boy Genius is twittering that the camera on the Droid sucks rocks. He compared it to the Razr camera. Apparently there's no image stabilization and pictures on it stink. If you are big on cameras, the Droid may be a big fail for you.

I'm doing some due diligence on the Android devices and apparently near Thanksgiving HTC Passion will be released. It has a 1 ghz snapdragon processor. Presumably the keyboard will be better than the Droid's. Wonder what battery life will be like on these devices, particularly those with really fast processors.
    11-02-09 09:54 PM
    Boy Genius is twittering that the camera on the Droid sucks rocks. He compared it to the Razr camera. Apparently there's no image stabilization and pictures on it stink. If you are big on cameras, the Droid may be a big fail for you.

I'm doing some due diligence on the Android devices and apparently near Thanksgiving HTC Passion will be released. It has a 1 ghz snapdragon processor. Presumably the keyboard will be better than the Droid's. Wonder what battery life will be like on these devices, particularly those with really fast processors.
    Well, he says that either the Curve 2 or HTC Passion will come out Black Friday, whichever is ready first.

As for the Passion's keyboard, I doubt it can be better than the Droid's as it doesn't have one!

I believe that I'll be getting the Droid on the 6th. If the Passion does come out on Black Friday, it'll still be within my 30 days, and I can decide if I want that instead.

I love my Tour, but I'm very interested in Android. Hopefully my Tour will fetch me some money on eBay to offset the $559 full retail
    11-03-09 12:12 AM
    They way I see it is that there is two schools of smartphone people...theres the iphone/blackberry/WinMo people who are used to productivity and business operations and then theres all the other smartphones that try so hard to be like the the previously mentioned, but just keep falling short in a handful of aspects. The droid is just another attempt by another non-smartphone company to get a piece of the pie....Viva La Tour...
    11-03-09 07:29 AM
95 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD