Got my tour in January and the last few weeks the trackball has been sticking(I know what a shock), so I called vzw and without asking the rep said I'm sending you out a replacement. I wasn't trying to get a new one, but I know with the tour its just easier to replace then to fix.

I was hoping I got one of the goods one , but guessing not . I looked on the box to see if I could find a build date, but couldn't find it, can any one help me locate it, I know its on the side with the sticker with the serial numbers.

Once again vzw has great customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 09:39 PM
    Have you tried just cleaning the trackball?

A Tour that you got in January should have been well beyond the batch that was released with trackball problems.

The trackball "sticking" is typically indicative of it being dirty not of it being defective.
    03-20-10 09:41 PM
    Got my Tour last October. The trackball stopped working once, in January. I cleaned it with a little rubbing alcohol and it's worked fine ever since. A friend of mine had the same problem with his Curve; he cleaned it and it works 100% again.

When I see people going through 4 or 5 Tours because of "trackball problems" I can't help but be a little skeptical. I'm not saying that everybody's trackball problems are due to lack of cleaning, but I believe a good percentage of them are.
    03-20-10 09:53 PM
    see sprint is not going to bother rplacing balls all the time they are just going to give u a new tour but if u have a 5.0 upgrade on the mess up one sprint is just going to give you a tour with the 4.7 stock then u have to re sync it with ur labtop or desktop but for how long will the replacment last too cant wait for that bold 9650
    03-20-10 10:10 PM
    Here is a pic of my date code that is inside the red box,,,,sorry for the poor quality pic. The first two digits are the day of the month, second two are the month and third two are the year of build. I may have the last two switched around.. you can tell by looking at the numbers. Hope that helps you figure it out.
    03-20-10 10:47 PM
    I clean my tour all the time with alcohol prep pads, I clean it at least once a day. I can't see the pic right now, and I won't my internet back up tell next week so I can't look at online. Thanks for doing a pic

03-20-10 11:09 PM
    How trying this. WASH YOUR HANDS? Or if that's not an option at least wipe your thumb or whatever digit you use on the ball ? AKA Captain obvious. I drive trucks and work in the oil fields and have yet needed to replace or clean a trackball. Thumb is dirty I wipe I off or wash hands

03-21-10 02:31 AM
    How trying this. WASH YOUR HANDS? Or if that's not an option at least wipe your thumb or whatever digit you use on the ball ? AKA Captain obvious. I drive trucks and work in the oil fields and have yet needed to replace or clean a trackball. Thumb is dirty I wipe I off or wash hands

No need for the hostility my good sir.
    03-21-10 03:25 AM

+1

So easy even a caveman can figure that one out

03-21-10 04:56 AM
    see sprint is not going to bother rplacing balls all the time they are just going to give u a new tour but if u have a 5.0 upgrade on the mess up one sprint is just going to give you a tour with the 4.7 stock then u have to re sync it with ur labtop or desktop but for how long will the replacment last too cant wait for that bold 9650
    what does sprint have to do with this thread? VZW doesn't swap balls either. none of the carriers swap balls on the Tours.
    03-21-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD