Hi guys... I don't post here much, but I'm hoping you can help me out.

I've got a tour that fell out of my pocket yesterday outside (in pouring rain) and pretty much drowned. It was discovered an hour later, still on. It still turns on, but the whole thing is pretty much broken and the battery strip is pink. Today some of the keys started working again, but half of the keyboard is completely non functional, and when I press for example "c" the thing types "gr" and so on.

So anyway, I'm going to replace it since I have it insured and my dog used it as a chew toy last month anyway, but I really want to wipe my personal data off it. Issue is the thing is password protected, so I can't get into it to delete anything. I can't do the incorrect password thing 10 times either since after 5 attempts it wants me to type "blackberry" which is impossible since my "c" is "gr" and also my "k" is "lo."

I've tried plugging it into my mac to see if I can somehow wipe it from there, but it doesn't detect it. I haven't tried it on a windows yet, so that's the only thing left I can think of, and will try later when I come across a windows... but are there any other ways I can wipe it?

Much appreciate any help on this!

-
    Rina
    10-01-10 04:13 PM
    I would put it in a bag of rice for a day. This will hopefully get your keyboard working. I was able to get my Tour (3 times) and my wife's 8530 up and running using this method.
    10-01-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD