Ok, so I went to the Sprint store near me and they have the tour. I asked them what kind of deal they would give me since I have 6 lines of service, and they said to let them look at the account. She said basically they would give me 75 dollars off the 499 price since I am not eligible for the 199 price until december 1st. I said no thank you, got in my car, and then called customer care. I expressed to them how I would like a deal on the Tour and that I have 6 lines of service and 12 years of service. I expressed to them that I had talked to verizon and they were going to give me a good deal on the tour, and they told me the same thing as the store. They were unwilling to move up my December 1st date, and were willing to lose me to Verizon by not doing so. Basically calling my bluff. I am not going to move to Verizon, can someone please give me an idea of how I can get the Tour at a great price? What else can I try????

I am currently using the 8830 World Edition...
    07-31-09 07:11 PM
    Wait for your upgrade date in December
    07-31-09 07:41 PM
    Sprint was a tough nut to crack for me, too. I wasn't (am still not) eligible for my upgrade until January. I tried the same thing you did - just to see if they'd budge on the upgrade timeframe or even if they'd split the ETF for me if I cancelled my current contract and signed a new one. They wanted no part of it and would have been fine if I walked away and joined Big Red. Much like yourself, I didn't have any intention of leaving Sprint because they're service is great around here and you can't beat the price of the plans.

It won't help you, I suppose, but I wound up upgrading another one of the phones on our "shared" plan (which WAS eligible for the $199 price tag). Then I waited a bit and went in to a store to see if they could just flip flop the two phones and it wasn't a problem. Kind of a weasel deal, but it got the job done.

PS and this is coming from a "Premier" Sprint Customer. Yeah, right.
    07-31-09 07:50 PM
    Go on ebay and buy the phone ...they arent 299 but they are much cheaper than what Sprint offered you....

As for upgrade dates they used to be very flexible now they arent...my friend was 1 week shy of her upgrade and they told her no...I couldnt believe it.

Heres a Brand New Blackberry Tour for $400 shipped....Ebay seller has good feedback too

*SPRINT BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 NEW WARRANTY FREE SHIP* - eBay (item 300334612419 end time Aug-07-09 08:24:24 PDT)
    Last edited by MsRandall; 07-31-09 at 08:00 PM.
    07-31-09 07:56 PM
    Well I tried to get them to move my date up 2 weeks and they said no way to me too, I also told them I was droping them to go to verizon, which of course I'm not but they didn't seem to care. my upgrade date is tomorrow, I don't have a best buy here that has any tours, my local found one in a Daytona store, they are sending it to my local best buy for me. I'm getting it for $200 with no mail in rebate vs $300 with sprint and waiting months for a MIR.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:57 PM
    Sprint had the same answer for my friend and he did follow through and jumped ship to Verizon... he got lucky and ended up with a better deal as bought it at Bestbuy for $99 plus had a company discount with Verizon for 22%... he had to put me as one of his friend's and family numbers though because I'm not leaving Sprint!
    07-31-09 08:25 PM
    I too tried the Verizon version of the Tour however I switched to Sprint. Not to start a "my carrier is better than yours war", but I really am impressed with all the features Sprint offer with their phones as a part of their plans, not to mention the 7 pm free airtime. I had forgotten how much more expensive the Verizon plans were compared to Sprint.

Maybe it was just me but I have to say that I could not believe the call quality difference coming from Verizon to Sprint. The Sprint call quality was so much clearer it was unbelievable. Maybe I just had a dud Tour from Verizon but I must say I am a happy camper with the Sprint Tour.

Just my opinion everyone, please don't start a war over this. Be safe!
    07-31-09 08:45 PM
    Your going to have to wait until your upgrade date. It doesn't matter if you have 20 lines of service and have been with them since they opened the doors. They subsidized your phones in exchange for you to have service for two years on each line. They did their part, no its time for you to do yours. If you feel the need to move to Verizon because you can't live up to a deal you agreed to go ahead. Have fun with those 6 ETF fees.
    07-31-09 08:59 PM
    You can use someones else eligibility on your account. If you have 6 lines you have to have one line eligible. I work for Sprint as a tech and the reps in my store do that all the time.

07-31-09 09:03 PM
    This may be tedious but if ur willing to give it a go, cancel ur 1 line with sprint and sing a new contract with some dumb phone from verizon or any other service that gives u 30 days to decide whether or not u want to cancel. Port ur number over. Pay sprints etf fee ( I'm assuming since ur upgrade is in december that means ull have to pay like a $70 etf. Then sign a new contract with sprint, add the line to ur existing family plan, port the number back over to the new line on Sprint and pay the $200 price for the Tour. Then cancel the "temporary" line u had with the 2nd carrier and pay only for usage (u may not want to use a phone that this carrier will provide cause u may have to pay a restocking fee...).

It may seem like a lot of work but believe me, the Tour is worth it! Hope this helps!

07-31-09 09:19 PM
    I was on the same boat too. Had been with Sprint for ten plus years. I had nothing to loose by calling to then Intl department I have three lines with Sprint and my I had used up all my lines to went from the WE to the curve Jan this year. I was nice to the CSR on the 20th of July and basically beg them to sell me a pair of Tour for a disconted price. She had offered me s 75 bucks off each line and that's it. Later after. I had talked some more, I was "nicely" complained about the lack of global roaming ability with Sprint and how I had to get an ATT phone just for roaming. After some persistent chatting, the manager on duty was able to cut me a deal and offer me totalling 175 off each phone if I'm willing to prolong my contract. Pls remember I was only a 4 months after I'd upgraded to the Curves after 2 years with the WE.
    I'd weighed my option for a a split second and literally shell out the plastic.
    Got the Tour with 3 day air UPS and had been using it for almost a week.
    I'll let the Tour fan comments on the yea and nay of the phone itself ot the forums. So far I'm happy in general as the Tour for Sprint is working great overseas ( I just got off the plane in Taiwan and is using UTMS) typing this on the train. How cool is that!

07-31-09 10:34 PM
    Ok guys,

"I signed a legal document (contract) and now I'm trying to scam my way out of it. Any help?"
    - Every other Sprint Customer

I'm sorry for the rudeness but seeesh. What is with the people here looking for loopholes. Sprint is in it for a profit. People who try and scam their way out of these things are crazy!

Imagine you selling something for a living and someone trying to scam you out of the full price. What would be funny is if Sprint Customer service read these forums to see how these people plan on scamming them next.

Honor your contract and commitment.

07-31-09 10:52 PM
    Actually Jumpman, I do sell things for a living. Oh, and trying to make a good deal is not scamming. So I guess every time you have bought/leased a car you pay full window sticker. Maybe when you bought your first house, or any house after that you paid full asking price and didn't try to barter. I know how sales works, and I know how much it costs to produce the phones, Sprint is actually one of my clients, or a purchaser of my product. Do you think they pay full retail price that I would charge you? No way. So good luck to you and your "High" morals.
    07-31-09 11:07 PM
    Actually Jumpman, I do sell things for a living. Oh, and trying to make a good deal is not scamming. So I guess every time you have bought/leased a car you pay full window sticker. Maybe when you bought your first house, or any house after that you paid full asking price and didn't try to barter. I know how sales works, and I know how much it costs to produce the phones, Sprint is actually one of my clients, or a purchaser of my product. Do you think they pay full retail price that I would charge you? No way. So good luck to you and your "High" morals.
    Well said!
    08-01-09 03:13 AM
    What I did was emailed eCare and asked if I could have the discounted price of the phone if I committed to a 2 year contract extension. Within an hour, I had the approval (due to being such a loyal customer) and they even threw in a waived activation fee and free overnight shipping. Sprint loves me and the feeling is mutual, might I add.
    08-01-09 03:30 AM
    Ok guys,

"I signed a legal document (contract) and now I'm trying to scam my way out of it. Any help?"
    - Every other Sprint Customer

I'm sorry for the rudeness but seeesh. What is with the people here looking for loopholes. Sprint is in it for a profit. People who try and scam their way out of these things are crazy!

Imagine you selling something for a living and someone trying to scam you out of the full price. What would be funny is if Sprint Customer service read these forums to see how these people plan on scamming them next.

Honor your contract and commitment.

And I'm sorry you didn't offer any PERTINENT info to the question that the OP asked. He's not trying to scam sprint, he just wants to make a deal with them to get the phone at a cheaper price. Albeit he might have to resign his 2 year commitment with that particular line on his account.

Way to 1-up that post count buddy.
    08-01-09 03:35 AM
    Could you email me that address you used? I would greatly appreciate that! It's [email protected]
    What I did was emailed eCare and asked if I could have the discounted price of the phone if I committed to a 2 year contract extension. Within an hour, I had the approval (due to being such a loyal customer) and they even threw in a waived activation fee and free overnight shipping. Sprint loves me and the feeling is mutual, might I add.
    08-01-09 04:37 AM
    I also must have gotten them on a good day. I was given the 199 price with no mail in rebate it was given to me instantly. They also do the ESM swap with out any problems.

Good luck~!
    08-01-09 07:14 AM
    Dang I guess I was lucky!! I wasn't eligible for a upgrade until october of 2010!! And I only have my line of service and 2 nextel lines!! All I did was call customer care and talked to a man about it and he's like ok hold on..and bam next thing I new I was eligible for a upgrade! I got mines for 99 dollars!! I'm part of that sprint premiere or white glove something.. He said white glove.. I guess cause I always pay on time? Who knows..

08-01-09 10:41 AM
    Could you email me that address you used? I would greatly appreciate that! It's canadan @ sprint.blackberry.net

Sent

10 Char
    08-01-09 08:12 PM
    I wasn't eligible to upgrade until September, but when the Tour launched I got on the customer care chat from within my account and simply explained to a rep that I was having issues with my current phone (a Palm Treo Pro, Windows Mobile sucks, never going back) and that I had it replaced once already. I told her I'd like to get a different phone and didn't mind paying for it but that I'd hate to pay full retail with my upgrade only a little over a month away. She was gone for a few minutes, came back and said I was good to go. Try chat, maybe they would be a little more helpful. I only have one line and have only been a customer two years this November, so I didn't even have to use that to bargain with her.
    08-01-09 09:01 PM
    My server, Altell was bought out by Verizon just about the same time the Tour became available. I still had 6 mos on my contract but they upgraded all 4 of our lines for the reduced price to keep me as a customer. I was the only one that got a Tour.
    08-01-09 09:17 PM
    I usually call in and ask for "Customer Retention" These reps have a little more power to make things happen. I always get what I want with little negotiation. Sprint has been very good to me over the years and their Simply Everything plan is great!

And by the way, everything is negotiable!
    08-01-09 09:35 PM
    what I dont understand is people complain to much, I work for sprint and customers come in and expect SO many free things because they are a customer or have so many lines. Whats the point of having a contract if customers expect to get free phones and upgrades all the time...
    08-01-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD