My son just got a replacement Tour. Prior to switching devices, he backed-up the old device without incident. Afterward, he utilized the Device Switch Wizard which also went without a hitch. The new device then came away being a mirror of the old. After he was satisfied that everything was intact, he attempted to backup the new device which failed. During the backup process, the progress bar stalled at the Content Manager. An error message popped-up stating that the backup process failed and DM was unable to continue. Clearing the content manager files (leaves 23 by default) yields the same results.

What is the content manager? Why did it backup on the old and not the new (they should be the same files)?

Anyone have any idea what's up?
    10-24-09 10:46 PM
    use RESTORE option... Switch device wizard is for switching from example a Palm device to Blackberry device
    10-26-09 01:48 AM
    use RESTORE option... Switch device wizard is for switching from example a Palm device to Blackberry device
    If restoring proves to be necessary someday, it won't be possible, seeing as how DM won't create a backup for me to restore from. Device Switch Wizard is capable of doing what you mentioned as well as swap BBs.
    Last edited by RegE; 10-30-09 at 02:33 PM.
    10-26-09 03:15 PM
    Has anyone heard of this? Is there a workaround? I've searched Google and at least a half dozen other websites and not one single solitary mention of this problem. The thought of calling RIM for $50 is making me nauseous.
    10-30-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD