OK, I have been working on this phone for 2 days now. I upgraded to the 591 after it's official release and have been miserable!

I have followed all instructions I can find on the forums, but I need HELP!

My phone won't let me load any OS other than 591. I did downgrade to the 4.7 because I read that sometimes that helps.

I have wiped it so many times using JL Cmdr that it probably needs an ointment, lol.

I have uninstalled all OS in my add/remove programs, deleted vendor files, tried going through app loader, shrink-a-os, I think I have done everything. I have downloaded and installed/uninstalled 3 different OS's and still nothing except the 591 will load.

Can anyone help me??

Thanks so much
    Last edited by berrysthrngirl; 06-12-10 at 12:06 AM. Reason: typo
    06-11-10 11:54 PM
    Delete .591 from your PC. Download the OS you want on your PC. Disconnect from the Internet and run Apploader after deleting the vendor xml file.
    06-12-10 12:06 AM
    I did that too, lol.
    06-12-10 12:08 AM
    after downloading the desired OS, installing it on my pc, and deleating the vendor file. I disconnected from the internet, pluged in my phone and went to app loader. Clicked on the loader file and after it checks my phone in the popup where the new core application should be I get this message

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provicer or system administrator."

I have gotten this same message when trying the 484, 624, 643, and 663.
    06-12-10 12:32 AM
    Try doing a file search for "vendor.xml" sometimes windows is sneaky and there's another vendor.xml in a different folder. Delete all instances of it and try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 01:05 AM
    Thanks Sandman, and lak 611.........my brain hurts and I have to go to bed, i'm gonna reload 591 because its the only one not fighting me. I will work on this problem later. I will try any and all advice and let you know how it goes
    06-12-10 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD