I purchased a BB Tour unlocked, and I need to know if it works on the Digitel network in Venezuela. I'm new to all this and was told that it may not work on the same network (something about GSM? idk i'm clueless)

Please help!!
    10-12-09 10:05 PM
    If the tour is unlocked, it will support GSM networks. It should work fine on that network. Just pop your SIM in and it should work. Call the provider if you are having issues.
    10-12-09 10:08 PM
    It will work for voice and text messages. While, for the data portion, the email set-up most likely will not work due to Digitel's server not supporting certain blackberry devices. Browser should work if you have the right APN settings for digitel.
    10-12-09 10:37 PM
    I'm wondering if I should take an unlocked Tour down to Venezuela. Can anyone confirm the information above? If I can only get voice and text, then it's not worth it - I'll have a cheap phone for that. But if I can get internet on a 3G network, then I will definitely want it with me. So if you can recommend one network over another, that would be great. Thanks!
    01-31-11 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD