Hey guys, I have had my tour for 2.5 months now (Sprint) and the trackball stopped scrolling down (vertical).

I came home to Canada for the winter and am going back to Denver in January.

Has anyone figured out how to fix the trackball without replacing the phone?

I obviously can't get to a Sprint store being in Canada, what can I do?

Also, RIM offers a 1 year warranty on their phones, correct? I could probably swap this phone in January (after having phone for 4 months).

Thanks for anyone who can help.
    11-24-09 10:33 PM
    Why don't you phone Sprint CS and request that they mail you a replacement then send the old one back once you have the new device in hand?
    11-24-09 10:36 PM
    Options
    1) Claim it on your insurance, have the insurance phone sent to you in Canada
    2) Do it yourself. There are plenty of How To threads on here
    3) Find a shop to do it in Canada for you
    4) Got on the phone with Sprint CS and explain your situaiton
    11-24-09 10:36 PM
    I found that changing your sensitivity to 80 and 80 on the trackball settings helps.
    11-25-09 12:06 AM
    I have phoned sprint CS, they said that I have to go to a Sprint store.

Also, I do not have insurance on the phone, but I was told that there is a 1 year warranty.

Finally, I do not want to rip apart the phone, as this voids my warranty.
    11-25-09 12:09 AM
    I just got my third tour today.....I have had verizon service for ten years and NEVER have had to return any phone 3x's.....I really wanted to like RIM but this has really made me bitter.
    11-25-09 12:15 AM
    Do they give you any grief if you are far beyond your 30 days? ie 4 months?
    11-25-09 12:34 AM
    Don't know how it is for Sprint but here's how Telus goes about it.

If you need to replace your phone in the first 30 days, you can go to any Telus store with the original packaging and get a straight swap. Past the 30 days, and up to the end of the 1 year warranty, you will have to order a replacement phone, which can take up to 4-6 weeks (usually less if you're in an urban area).

I can't say anything for Sprint CS, but they should be able to accommodate sending you a phone while you're in Canada. Ignoring customers who have problems while travelling isn't good for retaining them over the long term. Keeping you using your roaming minutes (unless you have a plan that covers all of North America), should make them want to send you a phone...
    11-25-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD