got my Blackberry Tour 9630 2 weeks ago and had the following issue which Verizon said was a glitch and that they've never seen it before and gave me a new one...only thing is, i have the same problem on this phone!! Anyone know what the heck is going on and how to fix it??? Problem below:

If i get a text message from someone that is also a BBM contact, I get the text message in my BBM list and it has a text message symbol next to it!!! and in my text message list! i don't need to be told twice that I have a message of some sort and this is VERY annoying!

Help!!!
    05-07-10 11:12 AM
    Try removing contacts link. Go into BBM, highlight the specific contact, click the menu button and then click the "Remove Contacts Link". That should clear this up.
    05-07-10 11:53 AM
    I have a 9530 and the same thing happens to me....It has to be the contact links between BBM and SMS.....
    05-07-10 12:12 PM
    I am kinda surprised that they had never seen that before since it is a feature of 5.0. Just remove the contact link and you should be fine.
    05-07-10 12:22 PM
    Thank you so much! It worked! No one at the Verizon store had any idea why it was doing that. I'm going to call them and let them know how to fix it in case other people have this issue in the future. is the only way to have a picture next to the bbm contact to have it linked to the address book though?
    05-07-10 12:53 PM
    Most people you get at the vzw store will not go anywhere near berries for some reason, they always want to send you a new one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 02:00 PM
    From the title...I thought the OP was referring to threaded MMS looking like BBM. Lol
    05-07-10 02:10 PM
    A better question is, why are contacts that have bbm txtng you??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 02:34 PM
    I'm glad I finally found the answer to this! But, it sucks that it removes all PIN information for that contact.

EDIT:

I think I figured out something else that is causing this "link". I had the Blackberry Contacts box checked up my Facebook options, which links their Facebook info to their contact info on the BB. Just FYI...
    Last edited by resq330; 05-12-10 at 07:10 PM. Reason: more info
    05-12-10 07:01 PM
    A better question is, why are contacts that have bbm txtng you??
    haha, that's what I was wondering...
    05-13-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD