A friend of mine thought it would be funny to enter the wrong unlock code 10 times so now it keeps asking me to put "blackberry" and wont accept my real password. And i DONT want to wipe my device. So is there a certain time i can just ignore my phone and it will go back to asking for password or am i screwed and going to have to wipe and restore from an old one?
    09-27-10 08:28 PM
    A friend of mine thought it would be funny to enter the wrong unlock code 10 times so now it keeps asking me to put "blackberry" and wont accept my real password. And i DONT want to wipe my device. So is there a certain time i can just ignore my phone and it will go back to asking for password or am i screwed and going to have to wipe and restore from an old one?
    Great "Friend". I'm pretty sure you are screwed. I don't beleive the phone will reset itself after any amount of time.
    09-28-10 04:10 AM
    CAn you backup the phone as is to your desktop, then wipe and install. I don't think there is a way around it to cancel the security wipe - otherwise whats the point of a security wipe. However, you may still be able to backup and restore it after the unavoidable wipe.
    09-28-10 04:32 AM
    CAn you backup the phone as is to your desktop, then wipe and install. I don't think there is a way around it to cancel the security wipe - otherwise whats the point of a security wipe. However, you may still be able to backup and restore it after the unavoidable wipe.
    There isn't, desktop manager will ask for the device password when you connect the device, and even if you enter the password wrong in the desktop manager (after 10 attempts) the phone will scrub itself to prevent unauthorized users.

The only way I know how to do this is you were connected to a BES, you could reset the device password with a temporary password to log in.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help.
    09-28-10 05:38 AM
    Wow I'd hammer that friend right in the testicles. I just hope you have a back up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 06:50 AM
    Oh man luckily when i got home i connected it to my DM so i could backup before the wipe and when i put my password into the DM it wiped the previous wrong attempts and gave me my phone back hah i was HORRIFIED when i saw what he had done.

Thanks for the help everyone!
    09-28-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD