Hey all, this is my first thread that I've made here. Just recently bought a Blackberry Tour. First Blackberry, favorite phone that I've owned.

Love this forum, very enlightening, still don't know what half of you are talking about though.

But question: Recently, I think I got my phone updated with it's software (I think when I set it up with Blackberry Device Manager for my comp) there was this option or app that deleted some leftover things from using my Blackberry, such as clearing cache and a whole bunch of other thing, but now it's not on my current software update.

Do I have to re-download it or what? It came stock on my Blackberry. But now it's not there.

PS The Verizon worker told me to use this (now missing) app because it will help my BB runs smoothly, so this is why I am worried I don't have it.

Thanks.
    09-26-09 11:53 PM
    are you talking about desktop manager??? the cd that came with it? Just redownload from blackberry.com It doesn't do anything like clearing cache. It backs up your phone and is used to add/remove programs.
    09-26-09 11:57 PM
    check under application loader in DM. Once that open up, you should see a list with apps. Check the one you want reloaded.
    09-26-09 11:57 PM
    ...Love this forum, very enlightening, still don't know what half of you are talking about though...
    I think the feeling might be mutual
    09-26-09 11:58 PM
    Memory cleaner? In options -> security there is an option for memory cleaner? Gos away after every battery pull, you can re-turn it on. That clears out caches and stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 12:00 AM
    open your browser, hit bb button and select options. then select cache operations and clear content cache pushed content and cookie cache. Also check out the memory cleaning option under security settings. It will enable you to put a memory cleaning icon on your homescreen.

Hope this helps and welcome to CB. Before you know it, you will know a whole new language...=0)
    Last edited by dbone15; 09-27-09 at 12:03 AM.
    09-27-09 12:00 AM
    Memory cleaner? In options -> security there is an option for memory cleaner? Gos away after every battery pull, you can re-turn it on. That clears out caches and stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, memory cleaner. Perfect. Sorry for being vague. But that's it. Any reason on why it's not a quick link option on my BB Menu?
    09-27-09 12:03 AM
    Yes, memory cleaner. Perfect. Sorry for being vague. But that's it. Any reason on why it's not a quick link option on my BB Menu?
    The OS is just not coded for it to be in the BB menu. I reccomend setting it so it is an icon on your homescreen and easliy accessable.
    09-27-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD