I'm having an odd problem that started about a month ago - all the videos I record on the tour have no audio. I checked the options and there isn't a "mute" setting - I've changed the audio profile and that doesn't help.

I can't figure out why it's recording the video with no sound. The voice recorder works fine so its not the microphone.

Help!
    03-28-10 10:23 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-16-10 11:55 AM
    Bump - any thoughts on this?

05-16-10 11:56 AM
    If you are still having those problems, it may be time to investigate a warranty replacement.

I'm sure you have rebooted? Reinstall the OS or update the OS? I don't use the video often, is there any kind of setting maybe to mute audio (some folks may only want the picture part??)
    05-16-10 12:19 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well, no audio while recording video's and it did work before.
    I can still use voice for google search, voice notes, speaker phone. I've tried taking the battery out for a few minutes and putting it back in...no luck there. I seen someone else say they had the same problem but it was cuz off bluetooth so I turned it off and it still didn't help.
    I have 5.0 os, if any has any suggestions please let me know....Thank you!!
    05-16-10 01:33 PM
    Me too! b u m p
    05-22-10 10:58 AM
    Maybe one of you or all of you should call the carrier and then have the carrier link you up to Rim - maybe there is a solution for the missing audio component.
    05-22-10 12:11 PM
    Having the same problem. I'd be willing to bet that the problem lies within OS 5!
    05-22-10 01:12 PM
    I have the same issue. I noticed that recordings from May and just today all have static and no sound. Stuff from farther back (12/2009) work just fine.

I also feel it has to do with OS 5.0 (as the break is around the time I upgraded and one of the claims of 5.0 was that it had better video recording).

I called Verizon and they wanted me to do a hard reset which means I would have to install all of my apps again and I just won't do that. There must be a more nuanced and less destructive solution.
    06-01-10 03:16 PM
    I have the same issue. I noticed that recordings from May and just today all have static and no sound. Stuff from farther back (12/2009) work just fine.

I also feel it has to do with OS 5.0 (as the break is around the time I upgraded and one of the claims of 5.0 was that it had better video recording).

I called Verizon and they wanted me to do a hard reset which means I would have to install all of my apps again and I just won't do that. There must be a more nuanced and less destructive solution.
    I've noticed a hard reset with a BB is not the same as say with a Windows Mobile phone. Basically, they wanted you to do a battery pull.
    06-01-10 06:13 PM
    Same problem. Anybody have a solution?
    06-02-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD