The "Getting Started Guide" that came with my Tour 9630 is almost useless. Right now I know I have some voicemails but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access them! The subject of voicemail is not even mentioned in the guide.

2nd question: Does anyone know of a good website that just gives more comprehensive operating instructions than those in the Guide? I'm an older user and, to be real honest, I have a hard time reading the help screen on the Tour but can read text on my computer monitor.

Thanks for any tips and apologies if one or both of these issues have been addressed in other posts/responses. I am definitely a "newbie".

Ken - Wisconsin
    03-22-10 07:42 PM
    Question 1) press and hold the w/1 key and it will dial voice mail
    Question 2) look on this site for tips and tricks or here BlackBerry Tour 9600 Series - Manuals and Guides
    Last edited by Hgouck; 03-22-10 at 07:51 PM.
    03-22-10 07:49 PM
    1. Press and hold the "1" key to access your voice mail.

2. Click on "BlackBerry Help" near the top of the screen here on the CrackBerry forums. From there you will find many helpful resources including the Getting Started Guide and the 101 Lecture Series.
    03-22-10 07:50 PM
    Mama how long have you had the tour? track pad? how do you like it?
    03-22-10 10:03 PM
    I have had the Tour since last October. I like it a lot. Having more space for applications and being able to run 5.0 without as much lagging is awesome. And having the GPS that works all the time and very accurately is great. I love the Geotagged pictures.

The 9630 has a trackball not a trackpad. I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't used a trackpad, but I'm not sure whether or not I would like that.
    03-23-10 06:01 AM
    Thanks.....
    03-23-10 09:39 PM
    A belated thank you to those that replied to my original question about checking voicemails and finding easier to read manuals. I appreciate the help very much.

Seannachie (Ken Merwin of Westfield, WI)
    07-23-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD