I need some help people? I've been with Nextel/Sprint for the past 14 years, and I live in a very busy suburb of NW Chicago. I got my first BB Tour 9630 about 8 months ago. I'm now on my 5th!!!!! YES!!! 5th BB Tour!! the major issue I'm having are the following. After hours on hours at the service centers or on the phone with Sprint BB tech, nothing is ever resolved and the give me the bandaid fix of a $50 credit toward my bill? With the Simply everything package and BB exchange and the taxes I pay about $165 per month and I'm not getting what I'm paying for? Anyone else have this problem with Sprint or the BB Tour???

1) Call quailty is bad, folks say I sound muffled?
    2) I live in range of 3G/4G networks, but not getting the signal?
    3) Web surfing is HORRIBLE!! most pages don't load or you I get HTTP 401,403 error
    4) phone will crash often
    5) Signal is generally weak 2 bars or none at all, and goes from 1XEV to 1X often

I hear so many people happy with the BB Tour and I don't get why I'm having so many issues? Or is it that this phone is 10X better on say a Verizon Network???? I about ready to sh*tcan this BB and replace it with what I felt I should've got to start with!! and thats the Apple iPhone 3GS.

Any pointers will be appreciated!
    Thanks
    01-04-10 09:45 AM
    I think you should probably wipe the sucker with BBSAK and install 5.0 and see what results you get....or at least 4.7.0.61.....the Sprint branded releases are horrible
    01-04-10 09:52 AM
    I agree. It's time for you to join the ranks of the advanced users and start loading your own OS to do what you need it to. The stuff that comes on the BB is for the average user who doesn't know any better.

Oh, and you won't be any happier on Verizon's network should you go that route...

Dm
    01-04-10 10:03 AM
    Ok thanks for the tip. I may try the new OS and I know an OS upgrade did wonders for my old Sprint Mogul HTC6800 which was also JUNK!

Don't have much time to fool with this sorta thing! May just switch to the 3GS atleast I know some of the problems listed would be cured?

thanks
    01-04-10 12:21 PM
    could be the area in which you live I am with Verizon and I have no issues with my Tour if you don't have the 4.7 OS that could be the problem. Or it is Sprint
    01-04-10 02:03 PM
    One of the biggest issue to date with the unofficial releases of 5.0 for Sprint is some users tend to experience PRL updating problems.

What you CAN do is make sure your at least running the most current OFFICIAL release, 4.7.1.61. If you're not running that, search through here and find the walkthrough that shows you how to update to it. Try that for starters and see if that fixes your problems.

I don't think switching from Sprint to Verizon or any other carrier is going to make that significant of a difference since they ALL use the SAME leased signal towers and have carrier piggy-backing agreements with each other anyways.
    01-04-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD