I'm a Verizon user (sadly) and I just recently downloaded ringtones off the VZW website.

I set the ringtone I wanted to use as my "general" ringtone. Next thing I know, any alert I get (whether it be a BBM, email, SMS, etc), the alert I set for that specific notification but then the ringtone that I set as my "general" ringtone will play as well - and I can't STOP the ringtone either by pushing the hang-up button.

I thought that if I reinstalled my OS and could get the phone back to its factory settings, that would take care of the problem - so I did just that. I then went back to Verizon online and re-downloaded the ringtones, and once again, set the ringtone as my "general" ringtone ... And that damn ringtone is STILL playing when I get ANY type of message.

Does anyone know why the heck my phone is going bezerk? This just started happening when I downloaded the ringtones from VZW online.

When I go to my sound profiles, is there something that I should specifically set so that the "general" ringtone doesn't play, only the specific alert that I set?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. I'm really about to drown my BB.
    06-19-10 11:44 PM
    What version of the OS do you have? Use the Options (wrench symbol generally) and press the BB/Menu key and highlight and select ABOUT. It will provide the OS. The original 4.7.xxx OS had some profile issues. The first OS 5..xxx has an mp3 issue in some cases.
    06-20-10 12:38 AM
    1. Don't post with foul language.
    2. Update your phone OS to the latest version.
    06-20-10 07:18 AM
    Definitely lose OS 591 which it sounds like what you have given your issues. 643 leak is what I'm on but allegedly the new official VZW release 732 I think has been getting decent reviews also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD