Hello I have a Blackberry tour 9630. The phone was originally for sprint but is now on Cincinnati Bell my Gsm Provider. The phone was already unlocked and the phone works but the internet does not. Is there something i can do to get my internet and email working. I have tried to Register my HRT. Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Register Now. But did not work Thanks in advance!
    01-04-10 09:39 AM
    Sometimes GSM providers need to register the service books on their end as you can't hold them accountable for knowing how to support a phone they don't even offer. This was the case for me as i wanted to port my 9630 over to T-Mobile. I went through exactly the same issues as yourself, called customer support, RIM, and nothing turned up.

I came across this website that helps take matters into your own hands, enabling you to load your own service books for your berry.

Berryology.com; Home of the unlocked BlackBerry. How to for Tour

I'm aware that they don't have a Cincinnati Bell option, however GSM provisioning does not differ MUCH.

They ask you if your provider is not offered, to email them, so i'd very much recommend you do that.

The good people at BO enabled my tour with everything i needed, and fast! They ask you for a 10 dollar donation, and believe me i was weary at first to part with money just to get a phone i paid for to work with the provider that.... i pay for lol. Long story short, best 10 dollars you will ever spend on your device.

I really hope this works out for you brother, welcome to the crackberry family!
    01-04-10 10:44 AM
    I searched and searched for a way to do it, but I never came up with an answer. I have since switched to AT&T and I now use an iPhone which has many apps for filtering the internet as well as sending reports to accountability partners...

Thanks for sharing...
    01-04-10 01:44 PM
    Support - Article

I hope this link will be useful for you.

--------------------------
    Web Hosting India
    07-19-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD