I have a Bell Tour.
    I recently heard from someone that I can remove a certain file, "blackberry vendor.xml" or something and install another carrier's firmware for that to work?

Does anyone know the step by step instructions from where to download the os to how to remove the xml file?

Edit: It's relevant to the title because I heard the firmware would enable a quicker loading on start-up.
    Last edited by SweetNAMese; 02-21-10 at 03:16 PM.
    02-21-10 02:46 PM
    Irrelevant to the subject title but there's plenty of threads that talk about this, just search for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 03:12 PM
    It's not irrelevant if that's what I heard.

And thanks for the support.
    02-21-10 03:15 PM
    I think what your friend is telling you is to install a different OS in your phone... which is why they said to delete the vendor.xml file, on your PC, not your phone. There are many options on this route if you choose to take it,,, not sure what OS you are currently running???? The latest OS 5.0.0.484 might make your phone boot faster..but many have slow booting Tours regardless of what OS they throw in it. Mine boots at 2:20 running a hybrid OS.
    02-21-10 03:23 PM
    Sorry, I didn't see the edit when I opened up the thread.

02-21-10 03:24 PM
    I think what your friend is telling you is to install a different OS in your phone... which is why they said to delete the vendor.xml file, on your PC, not your phone. There are many options on this route if you choose to take it,,, not sure what OS you are currently running???? The latest OS 5.0.0.484 might make your phone boot faster..but many have slow booting Tours regardless of what OS they throw in it. Mine boots at 2:20 running a hybrid OS.
    Thank you for your helpful response.
    I currently found the latest update from my carrier, but it's only a v4.7.1.77 (multi-language). Do you know where I can find te OS 5.0.0.484? (my tour takes 10-15 minutes to load up!)
    02-21-10 03:26 PM
    I have a Bell Tour.
    I recently heard from someone that I can remove a certain file, "blackberry vendor.xml" or something and install another carrier's firmware for that to work?

Does anyone know the step by step instructions from where to download the os to how to remove the xml file?

Edit: It's relevant to the title because I heard the firmware would enable a quicker loading on start-up.
    What OS are you running now? I went from a ~12 minute boot on OS 4.7.1.40 to about 5-6 minute boot time with 5.0.0.419.

If you want to install an OS other than one your carrier has released, download that file, run it, and then yes, delete vendor.xml, make your backups of the data on your phone and then use DM or apploader (search explains how) to install it.

Sorry, I didn't see the edit when I opened up the thread.

It's all good. Thanks to you, I clarified it.
    Wow that is slow! Mine boots at barely over 5 mins and I think that is torturing!!! BTW, I'm running .61 on vzw.

02-21-10 03:33 PM
    Wow that is slow! Mine boots at barely over 5 mins and I think that is torturing!!! BTW, I'm running .61 on vzw.

I KNOW!
    It makes me wonder, what if I was in a bad situation and really needed my phone but the booting takes forever!

I'm hoping after the update (currently downloading from VZW) would speed it up. What other improvements does it have?
    02-21-10 03:36 PM
    OS 4.7 is horrendously slow in booting up. Your options are to either wait for 5.0 OS to become official for your carrier (who knows when that'll be), upgrade your phone to the current official Sprint 5.0 OS, or load a hybrid, you can find plenty at BBHybrids Forums - Home

If you want to do the latter two, check out the link in my signature for step by step instructions on how to do it.

BTW: I'm running mrbracht's .459/.497 hybrid (which you can find on bbhybrids link above) and my bootup time is right around 2 minutes or so...
    02-21-10 04:22 PM
    OS 4.7 is horrendously slow in booting up. Your options are to either wait for 5.0 OS to become official for your carrier (who knows when that'll be), upgrade your phone to the current official Sprint 5.0 OS, or load a hybrid, you can find plenty at BBHybrids Forums - Home

If you want to do the latter two, check out the link in my signature for step by step instructions on how to do it.

BTW: I'm running mrbracht's .459/.497 hybrid (which you can find on bbhybrids link above) and my bootup time is right around 2 minutes or so...
    Wow! Thanks for the details b0ricua!
    02-21-10 04:58 PM
    What I've realized is that my bootup times for two minutes thirty seconds jumped to around five minutes because of the amount of text messages and other messages on my phone! I know because I wiped my device, restored all my apps and the phone booted up in two minutes thirty seconds. Restoring my backup ipd full of messages jumped it to five minutes!
    02-21-10 06:19 PM
    Mine boots up in three and half minutes sometimes a little faster. I'm running 4.7.1.40 from VZW.
    02-21-10 06:29 PM
    i would go with the .419 vs the .484
    02-21-10 08:23 PM
    i would go with the .419 vs the .484
    Okay.
    Great, but I have a bit of a problem tryign to get it loaded onto my phone. I tried loading Desktop Manager and loading it thru "app loader" but nothing. Then I went to the RIM folder and opened that app, but it didn't work also...
    02-21-10 08:41 PM
    Dont load .484, too much bug on it. Try the 5.0.0.419.

It's official for telus users and works well for me. Day and night.

You can find step by step in the crackberry 101.

02-21-10 08:44 PM
    Did you installed your OS on your pc before? Did you deleted vendor xml?

02-21-10 08:46 PM
    Dont load .484, too much bug on it. Try the 5.0.0.419.

It's official for telus users and works well for me. Day and night.

You can find step by step in the crackberry 101.

I tried that but it didn't work out (crackberry 101)...
    02-21-10 08:47 PM
    I'm telling you. The link in my sig will definitely work for you..
    02-21-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD